Short Throw Shifter

• Sponsors (?)

everyones pretty much going to recommend what they have. Tri-Ax is a popular one, as are MGW and Pro5.0. Dont know a lot of people using a Hurst on one of our cars.

I say MGW......wonder why ;)

MGW for teh win. :D . I would say between MGW or the TriAx. Those would be the two popular choices. Im with Helty on the Hurst. I dont know anyone using one the Hurst. I know MGW gives you really good instructions and everything you need to install. Not sure about the TriAx.

bullitt_2620 said:
I'm stuck on which shifter too, tri-ax or mgw...Anyone feel both?

I love my tri-ax and its just as good as MGW or Pro 5.0....get whatever you can find the cheapest....in my case I scored the tri-ax for $130 brand new shipped so I jumped all over that.

sbc44 said:
One more for the Steeda Tri-Ax. I've had mine on for about a week now, and don't know how I ever did without it. It should definately be one of the first mods you make IMO

When I installed mine I felt like it should have been put on the first week:rlaugh: the stock stuff is garbage

I use a Hurst shifter. It has a slightly longer handle than others. I have aftermarket seats and find my arm is uncomfortable when shifting with the shorter levers. The longer lever and the short throw of the Hurst does the trick. Ford motorsport sells the kit.

bullitt_2620 said:
I'm stuck on which shifter too, tri-ax or mgw...Anyone feel both?

I've had my MGW for over a year now, but about 2 weeks after I first had it, a guy I knew had a Tri-Ax in his GT and since I almost bought a Tri-Ax, I thought I'd give it afew test shifts. Man, am I glad I bought the MGW. I swear to god, I thought he still had the stock shifter in his car. The throws still felt as long as a stock shifter. I got out of his GT laughing.