shorties+catted xpipe+Mac muffler--too loud?

My exhaust swap started with the Mac axlebacks, which are pretty loud as is, and have that nasty ol drone we've come to live with. I added the Bassani catted x-pipe, which adds yet more volume but a nice muscle car sound. However, with the windows up, the car is a reluctant choice for long distance travel, although pure joy when cruising around town. I worry about making the trip from MD to SC for Mustang Week in July.

I have HEARD that adding shorty headers delivers yet more muscle car sound, diminishes the drone, and lowers the frequency a bit so it's actually not so intrusive in the cabin at cruising speeds. Wide open throttle is pure heaven though.

Does anyone have this combo (shorty, catted xpipe, aftermarket muffler)? Is it livable for travel? I've heard clips but they don't really tell the full story...

Thanks.

John

• Sponsors (?)

I have MAC LTs, catted prochamber and axlebacks and I still think its too quiet. Im going to take out the cats and run straight pipes in there instead. Right now, its pretty loud on a cold startup, but after it heats up, its too quiet for me. Depends on what you are looking for i guess