shortining your antena

• Sponsors (?)

98StangRidah said:
I just spent $20 and got one at mustangtuning. Took me a few seconds to replace them. :shrug:

HPIM0658s.jpg

I did the same because my last mustang had a home-made cut off antenna, and reception was TERRIBLE, so I wanted to buy one that worked this time. I only paid $10 though from mustangtuning...I wouldn't have bought one for 20. There must have been a sale when I bought it. :shrug:

I have my stock antenna in the garage now. That thing is so long you could use it for fencing. Maybe i'll glue a magnet on the end of it, and use it for picking up nuts and bolts in hard to reach places. That will put that thing to good use :nice:

Attachments

• HPIM0658s.jpg
    HPIM0658s.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 34
If you get the one from Auto Zone, yes, you take off the stock antenna, then it comes with four adapters. You just screw one of them into the new antenna then screw the entire thing into your car-there's one that specifies it's for Ford. Simple as that!!!

98StangRidah said:
I just spent $20 and got one at mustangtuning. Took me a few seconds to replace them. :shrug:

HPIM0658s.jpg

Did the Mustang tuning antenna come that short? The pics on their site are a lot taller ("even with roof line") than the one in your pic :shrug:

Attachments

• HPIM0658s.jpg
    HPIM0658s.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 37
Due the reasons you can see in my post above, the Autozone antenna must die!

Order placed! :D

8-inch Fixed Black 99002 1 19.99
Antenna
Subtotal 19.99
Coupon discount -1.00
(stangnet)
Subtotal 18.99
Shipping 6.85
Tax 0.00
Total 25.84