Should I let her drive my baby?

my wife has already backed my '65 into a concrete wall twice and a dent showed up on (believe it or not) the passenger's side rocker panel. I say let her drive it, but be prepared to fix some stuff.

• Sponsors (?)

Hahaha!

I was looking for a different old thread and found this. This woman is now my wife of 5 years. She has her own set of keys to this car, has her own 68, and her daily driver 90 GT that until just recently was quicker than my 68. She encourages me to spend money on these Mustangs and loves going to swap meets and going to the track.

Just thought it was funny to find this old thread!

I guess it all worked out well for ya! Personally, nobody drives my car but me. I don't mean that to be sexist, because I don't let men drive it either. Why not? Because it truly is MY car. I bought it with my money, I disassembled it, and rebuilt every square inch into MY idea of what I wanted. I did the bodywork, paint and interior. I was the one who did without, drove crappy cars daily and worked a ton of overtime to pay for it. During the 6-year build I did 100% of everything without help, unless you count me asking the wife to hold something for 5 minutes help. If my wife wants to drive something of mine, she can help herself to my F250. Some UAW worker built it, the bank owns most of it and there's a million more just like it if it got wiped out. There's just one car on this planet that I built...

who do you care about more, the girl or the Stang? I let my wife drive the B!t ch whenever she wants, and I let my son play in there for hours, even though he smudges teh glass all up, messes up all my mirror and AC settings, and leaves empty beer bottles in teh backseat, etc.

i hope my kid wants to play in my stang for hours on end... :nice:

I let my GF of 3 months drive my 67 Fastback with a 351w, 4.11 rear, manual steering/brakes, auto trans with her learners permit.

She totalled it.

I married her to torture her for the rest of her life.

:lol: :rlaugh:

Hahaha!

I was looking for a different old thread and found this. This woman is now my wife of 5 years. She has her own set of keys to this car, has her own 68, and her daily driver 90 GT that until just recently was quicker than my 68. She encourages me to spend money on these Mustangs and loves going to swap meets and going to the track.

:eek: :rlaugh: :D

Ha Ha, this is a old thread! Glad it worked out for you, my boy loves to play in the stang for hours on end, prolly gonna have to get new window cranks!

no beer bottles in the back seat (yet)

Attachments

• 600.jpg
    600.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 97
Hahaha!

So I take it, at the time, you DID let her drive it.
And the end result was good!

Obviously a good decision to let her drive the car.

Only one of my girlfriends ever drove my cars/trucks. She even took my Gran Torino out of town (just up to Phoenix) for a few days; leaving me to campaign her Gremlin 'back home' in Tucson. Three days later she was back; with about 300 more miles on the odo, about 700 miles off the back tires, and a big grin on her face when I asked her about the "rubber spit" lodged up in and behind the rear wheel houses! No, I didn't get angry, and yes, we had glorious "Welcome Home S*x" and yes we've been married for for 27 years since the Gran took us on our honeymoon.

If you knew back then about how the next 5 years were gonna play out; I'd bet you'd never have asked the question here. :rolleyes:

Pictures of the kid playing in the car? I can do that, with a little help from cowgirl tink and SVTCobra306!

View attachment 219143
View attachment 219144

Pics of my grandson "going for a spin" in his Mommy's brand-new-to-her '97 Cobra 'vert. Gotta add one more.....

DSCF2726.jpg

Trish's '97 'vert and AJ's.... well, it can introduce itself! :D

(Not being a proud Grampaw or anything...:D )