Should I purchase?

AFB

Feb 27, 2011
California
Hey everyone, I have been a long time lurker of this fourm and have learned alot; this site is great. My project is a 90 GT that I have slowly been working on for the last year. Will post pics to share soon. My question: I found a stock 8.8 rear-end 5 lug with ranger axles and drums included with SN95 spindles to complete the 5 lug conversion, $350 for all of it. Good deal or not? I plan on running 18x9 Bullit wheels. My biggest fear is centercaps not fitting and wheels sticking out beyond the body of the car. I was planning on buying the $2K kit from ford motorsports, and I didnt want to deal with a junk yard hunt, I thought this might be a good deal. Whats your thoughts, Im sorry for another 5 lug question, I know this topic gets beat to death, but I dont want to make a screwed up purchase.

Also will the ranger axles handle 350 or so HP? and an occasional beating? I know disc brakes is what this setup lacks but for the money I could deal. Thank you all for your input I appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

update: Purchased this setup, but I now have cobra calibers and slotted rotors. Now Im ready to order wheels and I want the black Bullits from American Muscle. I'd like to run 18's, but would I be safer running 17x8's or 9's. I don't want them staggered, as I'd like to still rotate them front to back. Also I dont want the wheels sicking beyond the body of the car so do I order the 99-04 wheels or 94-04 wheels? Thanks for the response