show me your tail pipes!

inphiniti

Mar 15, 2003
Providence, RI
well after over a year w/ dumps and finally the past 4 months w/ cam + dumps im absolutely sick of the drone in the car and also sick of the smell that lingers onto clothes lol...

trying to get an idea, especially with 315s outback. not sure on tail pipes either. i'd like to get a tip that is sort of angled, maybe 3in tip w/ 2.5 in piping since my Stingers are 2.5 in/out

so, show me your tail pipe set ups!!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

well after over a year w/ dumps and finally the past 4 months w/ cam + dumps im absolutely sick of the drone in the car and also sick of the smell that lingers onto clothes lol...

trying to get an idea, especially with 315s outback. not sure on tail pipes either. i'd like to get a tip that is sort of angled, maybe 3in tip w/ 2.5 in piping since my Stingers are 2.5 in/out

so, show me your tail pipe set ups!!! :nice:

Back and side view of 3" stainless tips.

tip1.jpg

tips2.jpg

Tire size is 255/45r17

I never believed in tail pipes, and I run dumps. If you really want to get rid of the drone, put a better quality muffler on the car, like a Magnaflow or an Ultraflow. That will take care of the drone, but not the fumes unfortunately. If you want tailpipes, I recommend the Mac tailpipes, because they have an extra ball and socket in them. That way you can take the exhaust back apart later on if you want to without cutting it an rewelding it.

Kurt

i think im going to end up having a shop build the pipe from the muffler to the tip. just not sure what tip im going to run, was just trying to see some tips that everyone is running. wasnt sure if they run them straight out or sort of contoured w/ the bumper

Keep in mind, if you order prefab tail pipes, you can get them with nice clean mandrel bends. Anything the shop is going to make is going to have a bunch of tight bends in it.

Kurt

I never believed in tail pipes, and I run dumps. If you really want to get rid of the drone, put a better quality muffler on the car, like a Magnaflow or an Ultraflow. That will take care of the drone, but not the fumes unfortunately. If you want tailpipes, I recommend the Mac tailpipes, because they have an extra ball and socket in them. That way you can take the exhaust back apart later on if you want to without cutting it an rewelding it.

Kurt

Kurt i've heard from guys with magnaflows and ultraflows who have a drone problem. Might not be as harsh as flows, or at the same RPM (thus it seems like there is no drone) but its still there. The only way i've seen to truly have none with aftermarket mufflers is to T into the tail pipes or run corsa mufflers.

Then again, its all from your perspective. Drone to you might be nothing to me and vice versa.

this is the MAC catback.

5134720095_large.jpg

5134720077_large.jpg

ive said it before but i love ur car!!! what size tires are u running out back? i dont remember what youve posted in other threads of size... if 315, how is the clearance of the pipe/tire? thats going to be my main concern for when i do this

those are the exact style tips i want, they go with the buddy lines VERY well and are very subtle..

as far as drone i can definitely say these borla stingers drone alot at low RPMs... i wont get rid of them, id just like to put pipes back on to quiet it somewhat down.

anyone else with pics of their tail pipe tips set up? if so lemme no what tips ur running!! looking to get ideas for 3in

thanks to everyone whos posted so far!!

the top pic with the FR500s is with 305/35-18 MT ET street IIs. The bottom pic is only with 275-17s. obviously didn't have any problems with the 17s. The 18s are tight but i have no rubbing. I think the closest i am is about 1/2" on the driver's side from the brake line.