sirius tuner placement

ripper94

Jun 5, 2004
langhorne pa
just wondering where everyone has placed theirs,space is limited. i have the sportster model wich is kinda big and the only pace i could put it was on the dash,i really dont like this location. any ideas would be great,also im not really impressed with the sound,it seems really low and dull. thanx

• Sponsors (?)

I had a 2005 Escape with a receiver that was Sirius ready. It was a big let down to know that the new Mustang was not satellite ready.
I have an fm modulator mounted above my overhead switch console. It's out of the way and doesn't look too bad. Sound is fine but not as good as it would be if the radio was built for Sirius.

I have the Sportster and I had it mounted in the center console. I takes up most of the center console but it is completely out of sight so it does not spoil the look of the dash. The installers had a infrared repeater so they could hook up a small eye right next to my right knee that I can shoot the remote at and the repeater relays the signal inside the console. Works great. The sound is the quality of low quality FM radio but I don't think satelite radio is all that great for sound quality at its best.