SLP + Catted X (yes, I did search...)

bdcardinal said:
hey rant buddy, u gotta go to a referee station to get the sound ticket signed off. there is a little box on the ticket that says "no officer sign off", they also will cross out the sign off portion. the sound test is free at the referee station. i believe we do the sound test at 4250 for the 4.6 motors. so as long as youre under 96.5 Db at that RPM you are fine.

Wassup Rant buddy! Yeah I was able to get CHP to sign off on it and I paid the $10 admin fee and as far as the records go, the ticket has been dismissed...but who knows I may have been lucky? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

well i can say that i just did a sound test on an 04 mystichrome cobra with a bassani catted X pipe and bassani catback, as well as a kenne bell 2.2L. the legal limit is 96.5Db. the 2 tests we conducted gave us 108 and 105Db. the test in CA is done at 4500RPM. had it been a real test the car wouldve failed. actually if it had been a real police ticket it wouldve failed because the catted X isnt legal in CA.

bdcardinal said:
well i can say that i just did a sound test on an 04 mystichrome cobra with a bassani catted X pipe and bassani catback, as well as a kenne bell 2.2L. the legal limit is 96.5Db. the 2 tests we conducted gave us 108 and 105Db. the test in CA is done at 4500RPM. had it been a real test the car wouldve failed. actually if it had been a real police ticket it wouldve failed because the catted X isnt legal in CA.

Not legal, true....but seriously did your ears just orgasm at that sound?..I would've fainted had I been there. :D

im used to it. i work on the car a lot. i cant tell you how many times ive swapped spark plugs, reflashed the PCM, changed rear tyres, and swapped blower pulleys on that ride. its a pretty wicked ride. i learned stick on it before i got my stang. the roll cage is still taking some getting used to though. the guy that owns it is on stangnet, his handle is "mystifi", thats his plate too. hes mostly on svtperformance, but he and i are also on stangfreak.com.

bdcardinal said:
im used to it. i work on the car a lot. i cant tell you how many times ive swapped spark plugs, reflashed the PCM, changed rear tyres, and swapped blower pulleys on that ride. its a pretty wicked ride. i learned stick on it before i got my stang. the roll cage is still taking some getting used to though. the guy that owns it is on stangnet, his handle is "mystifi", thats his plate too. hes mostly on svtperformance, but he and i are also on stangfreak.com.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up :nice: