SLP line lock installed! *PICS*

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Alright, I just finished it up...now I just have to wait for my pops to get home so we can bleed the system. :nice: Now knowing me, i didnt quite do it like your supposed to :D .

Jacked the car up
Codyscar230.jpg

Everything was self explanitory, and the instructions were pretty good. (crappy pics, so i printed them off the web). Didnt loose much fluid, and didnt have to cut my wrench like the reccomended....this is how its mounted.
Codyscar231.jpg

Codyscar233.jpg

Now for the custom part....instead of wiring in the activation switch that they supplied, and the positive wire that they supplied...I decided to do something a little different :D. As some of you know, I hit a racoon a month or so ago and it broke my drivers fog light. So the other day I went ahead and removed both fogs.

Well this was perfect timing and decided to wire my fog light botton as the activation switch :D. The fog light wire cluster had both a hot and a ground wire...just what the silinoid needs to be activated. So as my dad suggested this morning as he was leaving, I cut off the end and took the 2 wires...extended them, and put some female ends on them and plugged them into the line lock :nice: . All it requires is a hot to go on one plug, and a ground on the other...and the fog light switch will have its own breaker to potect a short.

So when you want to do a burn out, turn the parking lights on (nice safty feature IMO)
Codyscar245.jpg

Press the botton and the light comes on letting you know its activated
Codyscar243.jpg

And have at it :D . When your done, reach down and press it again to release it .
Codyscar242.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone else wired one like this? Best part is that noone will even know I have a line lock :rlaugh: .

Oh yea and the battle scar :eek:
Codyscar239.jpg

Attachments

• Codyscar230.jpg
    Codyscar230.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Codyscar231.jpg
    Codyscar231.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Codyscar233.jpg
    Codyscar233.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Codyscar245.jpg
    Codyscar245.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Codyscar243.jpg
    Codyscar243.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Sponsors (?)

I gotta start taking pictures of mine. I got a doozy doing a 5.0 axle swap a few days ago across my forearm. It cut so deep, the scab contains chunks of the ink from the tattoo it cut across.

Thanks guys! Yea I seen your setup propellerhead, very nice...and secure!

Ouch Tom...I hate those cuts :( Makes mine not look so bad haha.

And Garlic, you just discovered a new way to remove unwanted tatoos :rlaugh: . must have really hurt :(

:eek: crazy battle scars.. I've got a few scars of my own!.. But they're from heart surgeries :D haha

Nice write-up hotmustang!!

Oh yeah, can't forget this... CLEAN UNDER YOUR HOOD!! :D :D.. just giving you a hard time mang :nice:

Yea, I drive down to the park to install all my mods....just to show off my mad tyte installation skillz to the newbs.:lol: J/K. Not all of us live side byside hehe, a few of us still live in the sticks :rlaugh: . But ill take it as a complement :D . Thanks.

:rlaugh: Yea mity maybe im a little crazy lol, I was all crawlin under there and crap too. I was thinking, "well if this jack falls, its all over...but ahh it wont" . I hate those jacks, but the other one was in use....and I didnt feel like putting it on those nice stands (yes we have them STRONG/NICE ones..just red). Looking back at the pic though, that doesnt exactly look too safe :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: .

And be sure to post pics USMC :nice: ....and Jason lets see your SPOTLESS engine bay :rolleyes: :rlaugh: . (ill probably regret that)

Oh and I decided to test it out in the parking lot of my gym :nice: . Once as I arrived, and a backup run when I was leaving :lol: I LOVE it, you can basically act like you just taking off a little spirited from the adverage stop and it just lights up. Very easy to get them going.
And lucky for you guys, my tires are almost gone anyways (30K on the rear with 5 or so left :shrug: ) so when I buy some more....ill make a nice little video. :D