Slp longtubes

• Sponsors (?)

i have them and like them a lot. there was a good power and torque gain. however, i believe that they d ohave to be removed for other type of repairs. has me second guessing them. down the line they might cost me some serious cash.

otherwise i love them.

Im unsure as to exactly what your asking. Do you already have slp longtube headers? From the sound of your first post, it sounds like you just have the x pipe, with stock exhuast manifolds. If that is the case, you will have to either have an exhuast shop chop your x pipe and custom fit it, or have a new one ordered if you add LT headers. The "stock size" midpipe, even if changed to an aftermarket one, will not fit with LT headers.

If I misinterpreted your original post, sorry..

Years back, when LT headers were being produced, a couple of the guys around back then did a lot of test with LT headers. The best performing LT header back then was always Mac. The fit on them was marginal, or worse than.... However, they always outperformed BBK, and the small amount of others. With them, we also took a tranny out of a 5 speed with them bolted up if I can remember right.

Later on, I was one of the first cars to run reground after market cams with a 2v. We bolted up a set of kooks and the fit and finish was awesome. It looked like there was plenty of room to remove the tranny for work.

yea it does hang real low, i cant even drop my car as much as i want to because of them. but it was looks or power at the time and i chose power.

now that i have then i think im only gonna drop it 1 1/2 in. but even that will only give me like 3 in. of clearance.

no the headers wonr be lower then the cats but i think the addition of the headers lowerc the placement of the cats.

proboly so, but you can have an exhuast shop with a lift tighten up your whole system and raise it an inch or two

I had to do it with my custom side pipes on my old car, but just make sure the cat backs dont rub on the axle, brake lines, or anything else.

proboly so, but you can have an exhuast shop with a lift tighten up your whole system and raise it an inch or two

I had to do it with my custom side pipes on my old car, but just make sure the cat backs dont rub on the axle, brake lines, or anything else.

custom side pipes crew:nice: Yeah watch out for driveshaft vs. exhaust clearence for sucking it up closer to the body

custom side pipes crew:nice: Yeah watch out for driveshaft vs. exhaust clearence for sucking it up closer to the body

nice! my old setup was ghetto:rlaugh: I had two chamber flows that hung so low to the ground, and we welded them close to the frame. It looked fine, the car was dropped and you couldnt see it, we used crome dual 2 1/2 inch tips with a y pipe splitting them on each side! Im trying to dig up some old pics!! I nearly tore them off on every speed bump, didnt go with the svo kit, too pricey, and i figured the mufflers with the inlet/outlet on the same side lost flow velocity due to the 180 bend the exhuast through the muffler, but proboly not much in retrospect on my head/cam car. Eitherway, it was fun! But it wasnt as clean looking as your setup!:flag:

ok, no more hijacking:)