smog delete pulley grinding

ProKiller

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
PA
I tore out my smog pump, egr, and evap system over the past month or so. I got a smog pump delete pulley, i think its the FRPP one. I got it used and he didn't say what brand it was and there is nothing written on it.

anyway, it was very very close to the brake block thing so i ground down the post a bit that attaches to the pulley. It pushed the pulley back more, but now when i'm driving it around whenever i get on it, the engine torques and it pushes the pulley into the bracket again.

any one else have this problem? is the only remedy to just keep grinding down the post till it doesn't do it anymore? And before anyone says just ditch the pulley...i can't becuase of the vortech, it moves the alternator so the tensioner won't even touch the belt then.

• Sponsors (?)

you don't need a delete pulley, just makes it easier to get the right belt.

you can always gut your smog pump and put it back on. its been a while since i did mine, but you can take off the back, remove the veins, press something off(cant remember) then put it back together. worked like a champ till i just removed the damn thing.