Smoking from under my car?

1qckFOX

Jan 1, 2004
I don't know what it is but it's coming from where the H- pipe meets or maybe the transmission? I'm not having any problems with the transmission. Actualy i am it's not wanting to come out of gear but someone told me it was the clutch cable. This ever happen to anyone and if it had what is it?

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes when the tranny rear seal goes bad it can leak oil to the hot h-pipe causing it to smoke. You might have a leak there or the rear engine seal. I have a leak from the speedo cable that would cause smoking if I put too much tranny fluid in there.

you can't overfill a T-5 you fill it till fluid comes out the fill hole, so look at a leak in the tranny area where oil may be reaching the hot pipes..maybe oil pan leak..could even be power steering leak, any fluid will smoke when it hits the exhaust so clean her up, get under and look around.

Mines been smoking real bad where it's leaking trans lube out of the tailshaft and getting on the exhaust. I ordered a new seal to put in the tailshaft and put it in a couple of days ago. I haven't driven the car yet but I hope that fixes it.