SN Expertise needed

caballo

I'm the bastard love child of a threesome gone awr
Jun 4, 2004
Colorado Springs, CO
Some of you know about the spark plug ejection incident that happened about 3 weeks ago. (#6 cylinder)

Since then I've replaced the plugs, the fuel pump, injectors and bought a new coil-on-plug for that cylinder. Problem was it wouldn't idle and it was blowing fuel out the tail pipes (+ white smoke). Now it idles (searching) and then dies after about a min or two. So I'm going to change out ECU's this weekend to cover my butt, but do you think I'm overlooking something. More C.O.P.s? Fuel pressure regulator? O2 sensors? MAF?

Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I think before you replace any more parts that may or may not be broken that you should take it to a professional. It will probably be cheaper in the long run...

Kilgore Trout said:
I think before you replace any more parts that may or may not be broken that you should take it to a professional. It will probably be cheaper in the long run...

that's the problem... I took to the ford dealer and that's what they told me I should do...

bueller!

Sorry I can't help you out I never had that problem before :(
did you ever take the heads off or replaced the gaskets? white smoke is usually from a blown gasket, check the coolant temp and see if it's decreased, it might be coolant insted of gas comming from the pipes :shrug:

Elementary, but you did reset the PCM by leaving the battery disconnected for 15 minutes or so, right? Sorry, had to ask. I'll bet you did, but just needed to know if a "boot" is all you may have needed.

4u2nv said:
Elementary, but you did reset the PCM by leaving the battery disconnected for 15 minutes or so, right? Sorry, had to ask. I'll bet you did, but just needed to know if a "boot" is all you may have needed.

Yup... but I would have been pissed if that's all it would have needed...