Brakes Sn95 Parking Brake (no Need To Weld Handle)

Ok cool - so my car is not an anomaly. :)

I found a few photos of the front cable with equalizer bar for 87-93 and 94-98 but it's hard to tell from the pics if they really are different. I've seen the length of each listed as 8 inches so at that point the only difference has to be the equalizer bar right? Ford wouldn't create a new part number unless the part changed in some significant way?

• Sponsors (?)

Just to update this post for those interested - i had this question up on the Corral as well so to come full circle, it was confirmed that this was a 93-only part and discontinued (thanks for your help Mustang5L5!).

Many vendors (and Ford) are incorrectly marketing the longer bar for the 93 cars which won't fit unless it's modified by either cutting the slits deeper to accommodate the smaller distance between the rear cable ends on a 93 due to the bracket that's affixed in the trans tunnel or drilling your existing "small" equalizer bar and fitting the M2810A adjustable cable on. I went the route of modifying an 87-92 bar and it is working good.

Link to other discussion: https://forums.corral.net/forums/ge...e-equalizer-bar-differences.html#post18475120

Reactions: 1 user