SN95 radiator for a Fox

mustangramair

Feb 24, 2004
Iowa
Hey guys, my radiator is starting to leak a bit. I was going to upgrade but i don't have the money right now. I have a chance to get a radiator out of a 95 cobra, will it fit? Thanks, Nick

• Sponsors (?)

Have you seen the 5N95 radiator yet? The stock radiator in a 5N95 GT (I havent seen the Cobra Radiator) is just less than 1" thick. It doesnt do all that great a job, but if you live in a cooler climate it might work. It's also pretty large (dimensionally) to achieve some surface area.

Not that it wont work great for you - just something to consider.

Good luck.

srothfuss said:
If not, I've got my stocker sitting in the garage. PM me if you want to pay to have it shipped. I just pulled it out 2 weeks ago to switch in my brass 3 core.
Just pay to get it shipped, i don't have to pay you anything? That would be a possibility.

HISSIN50 said:
Have you seen the 5N95 radiator yet? The stock radiator in a 5N95 GT (I havent seen the Cobra Radiator) is just less than 1" thick. It doesnt do all that great a job, but if you live in a cooler climate it might work. It's also pretty large (dimensionally) to achieve some surface area.

Not that it wont work great for you - just something to consider.

Good luck.
No i haven't seen it yet, i just talked to the guy on a local car forum. I live in Iowa, so we have humid and hot summers.

Ramair: This is the place that I got my new radiator from. www.radiatorexpress.com It's not a FRPP radiator, but it does the same thing. All you need to do is transfer your exisiting mounting clips / screws to the new radiator and it'll bolt right in. I had to move the mounting feet and trim some of the rubber to get it to sit flush, but I like it a LOT!

Here is the link to the 3 core version:3 Core Brass Radiator It's only $125 from them

They also have stock re-pots, but the price is so close to the 3 core that it's almost not even worth considering [$91.xx or so]

I can take some pictures when I get home later today. It's a lot thicker than the stock piece for sure. The size and fit were just fine. It was packaged perfectly also...

I think shipping + the radiator was about $140 or $150 all together. You can call the 1-886? number and get a quote for shipping to your home. They were really nice to me and I got mine extreamly fast.

I haven't had it in for more than 4 months, but so far it's been great with no issues to report

OK here are some pictures of the stocker versus the 3 core piece.

Stock
stock%20radiator.JPG

stock%20radiator1.JPG

stock%20radiator2.JPG

New
3core.JPG

3core1.JPG

There is quite a difference in size. I like the new one too because it's shiney