So how does my Suspension Set up sound?

Maza4ever14

Apr 27, 2005
Bay Area, CA
So far the only mod I have suspension-wise is Eibach Pro Kit.

My birthday is Tuesday so I'll spoil myself and order J&M Upper and Lower Control Arms. I was also thinking of getting the BMR front antiroll bar eliminator/tubular lower raidiator support and a BMR front strut tower brace.

The one im more curious about is the antiroll bar eliminator. Sounds good as it saves weight and helps with the weight transfer but is it good for a daily driver. I read it didnt affect handling much in normal driving conditions (the car is my DD)

So opinions or advice on my soon to be set up? any recommendations? :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

you will love the J&M control arms.

some people say that you can run no sway bars without any issues. that is only true if you take it easy in the turns. no high speed on ramps or anything like that. what you can do is remove the sway bar endlinks and drive it around for a bit to see how the car will react before you do the mod.

Without getting too technical you really have to establish what goal you want to set for your car.

Drag strip? Road Race? Auto-X? different setups for different types of driving conditions.

I will say this though. Ditching the front swaybar is a HUGE mistake if you plan on driving the car on the street. Already the cars have an awful level of understeer dialed in, if you do that you will basically lose all your steering.

Without getting too technical you really have to establish what goal you want to set for your car.

Drag strip? Road Race? Auto-X? different setups for different types of driving conditions.

I will say this though. Ditching the front swaybar is a HUGE mistake if you plan on driving the car on the street. Already the cars have an awful level of understeer dialed in, if you do that you will basically lose all your steering.

It will be a street/drag setup. No twisties for me sadly, just not my thing. I might try to just detach the sway bar for a drive to see if i like it.

what else would you recommend for a street/drag car

It will be a street/drag setup. No twisties for me sadly, just not my thing. I might try to just detach the sway bar for a drive to see if i like it.

what else would you recommend for a street/drag car

That's alright the cool thing about the Mustang in particular is that it can work great for just about any type of motorsport discipline you can think of.

Your suspension then should be aimed toward maximizing traction benefits of your weight transfer during hard acceleration. So control arms definitely, but I wouldn't rule out some different springs to firm things up too so that your car doesn't bounce when it starts to reel on its back wheels. This of course would also call for an adjustable panhard bar to keep your axle in place and if you can afford them too some shocks to maximize the benefits of the springs. Last thing I would probably consider in your place is one of those K-Member braces from Che that have the torque limiters. It helps when you have to shift gears (if you have a 5speed) by keeping the transmission down during high torque / high rev launches making gear engagement easier.

After that tires, gears, d/s, and power adders will make you faster by increasing and or optimizing actual power.

Get some Tokico D-Specs ... probably one of the best mods that I've done to the car. Also look into getting a CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters. It's only $100 and it helps a LOT !! Aluminum driveshaft is a great mod for these cars as well.