So I Have A Weird Thought...any Tampa Area Folks

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
So I'm sitting here thinking about the 50 things that I need to do to start up the mustang and reminisced on the times when I had a group of guys who would kick each other in the backside to get their project done. I miss the old days and figured I would see if there are any garage guys in the area.

• Sponsors (?)

So I'm sitting here thinking about the 50 things that I need to do to start up the mustang and reminisced on the times when I had a group of guys who would kick each other in the backside to get their project done. I miss the old days and figured I would see if there are any garage guys in the area.
What ever are you talking about RD? There is an entire group right here...

Get to work.

There is that "extra" element to having a couple good folks come by, even if they are sucking your beers down, and coaching you forward. Honestly, I've lived a lot of places and always had a few gearheads to get together with. Heck, I miss car guys bench racing and talking about cars, hopefully there are a few in the area.

Reactions: 1 users
There is that "extra" element to having a couple good folks come by, even if they are sucking your beers down, and coaching you forward. Honestly, I've lived a lot of places and always had a few gearheads to get together with. Heck, I miss car guys bench racing and talking about cars, hopefully there are a few in the area.
Yeah,...all of my car guy friends are X275 racers,....I stay away from them to reduce the temptation to turn the monster's fate into a future appointment w/ the center divider past the 60' mark at some drag strip.

Reactions: 2 users
Center divider? Heck with that thing. Oh yeah, it's offered to touch me a time or two, but I've never had the car running long enough to remember her. Kinda like a prom date I guess. No, I understand. A little lower on the ranking, but the last few guys to be regular participants in "Harper's Garage" bought new Camaros and Cobra. Nice to tool around n, but a bit beyond my "hobbyist" budget when we started adding the sticker price and bolt on parts. Now I know you've bought quality kit for the Gila (and put hours of work in her) but does it compare to your X275 car or a brand new car with expensive headers and stuff? The budget guy in me (and I say that as an older guy who pays for parts I don't have to replace) would like to believe that the final cost will result in a car that exceeds the coolness of a new car and laughs at the sticker price.

Center divider? Heck with that thing. Oh yeah, it's offered to touch me a time or two, but I've never had the car running long enough to remember her. Kinda like a prom date I guess. No, I understand. A little lower on the ranking, but the last few guys to be regular participants in "Harper's Garage" bought new Camaros and Cobra. Nice to tool around n, but a bit beyond my "hobbyist" budget when we started adding the sticker price and bolt on parts. Now I know you've bought quality kit for the Gila (and put hours of work in her) but does it compare to your X275 car or a brand new car with expensive headers and stuff? The budget guy in me (and I say that as an older guy who pays for parts I don't have to replace) would like to believe that the final cost will result in a car that exceeds the coolness of a new car and laughs at the sticker price.
Are you drinking RD? Because that ramble has got to be the by product of consuming something with the word "proof" on the side.

That sht jus don make no sense.

Reactions: 1 user
Guilty...lol. Point was, that I can't hang around those folks anymore and that I'm proud that our (stangnet folks) projects have a little more character and a lot less budget....lol

@stykthyn look forward to it.
@RaggedGT Trust me, it's been awhile (and a half), I empathize with you. The car has been down for about four years. Honestly, with the exception of the alignment after the new A- arms, I'm a solid weekend from getting her running. I'm just not in a hurry at this point. Deep down, I know that if I hear her fire, it will definitely be game on. Guess that's why I think hanging around folks with similar interests always motivated me to get stuff done.

Guilty...lol. Point was, that I can't hang around those folks anymore and that I'm proud that our (stangnet folks) projects have a little more character and a lot less budget....lol
I'll agree to the character, but when it comes to being budget friendly,....I cant even hang around myself. I'm probably in the top 10% of stupid money spent on a car. If not for the fact that I do what I do, this car would be obscenely expensive to replicate. I shudder to think what somebody with the same ideas/and design objectives would have had to pay to build this car.

Yeah,...all of my car guy friends are X275 racers,....I stay away from them to reduce the temptation to turn the monster's fate into a future appointment w/ the center divider past the 60' mark at some drag strip.

Small tire racing is stupid . - right Guys ? @srtthis @84Ttop

But about as addictive as crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@madmike1157 Lol...I wouldn't want add up what little I've had in my car, yours is a completely different beast. Best to not start totaling any receipts until you decide to build the next car. That's right, I'm betting there will be a "next car". Anyone want to put some odds on it?

I've had to resort to a long time buddy 2 hours from me....but he's a camaro guy. Loves 383s and 350turbo transmissions. We're friends but rivals...if ya know what I mean.

@madmike1157 Lol...I wouldn't want add up what little I've had in my car, yours is a completely different beast. Best to not start totaling any receipts until you decide to build the next car. That's right, I'm betting there will be a "next car". Anyone want to put some odds on it?
i will give you 100:1 odds against that ever happening. in other words, there'll be no Son of Gila

@madmike1157 I'm voting on "The Mexican Beaded Lizard" (your Gila's fellow poisonous lizard) for the name. It's likely going to LS powered with lots of gaudy chrome and crushed velvet interior. More of a party vibe with extra room if the better half kicks you out (for starting another project) :stick:

@90sickfox you might need to get your buddy to help when Mike starts the TMBL...lol