So Long....I'm Outy

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Well sorry to see you go man. I understand I don't spend as much time here as I used to. Sorry to see you go but don't forget to IM. I am probably sure that when i actually gets started on my car after next semester I'll come to you for answers. later dude

well sorry to see you go but no one is telling you to stay or telling you to leave. Im sure stangnet has changed over the yrs but nothing stays the way it was forever. If your having trouble coping w/ the way the site has evolved then thats your decision. As far as leaving just b/c owners of N/A and 13 sec cars try to tell you what to do then I dont find that a very valid reason, just tell them to STFU.

i know what you are talking about and i hope you will think about it i remember your post about your numbers and track times when you lived in cali you should have my e-mail"from charlies list" give me a shout there

Swarzkopf said:
I'm not sure who this is aimed at or what the motivation behind it is, but are you implying that unless you run 12s or better you shouldn't give out advice here?

I think the straw that broke the camels back was all the guys with cars without power adders or those not making big power were basically downing Chris for making the numbers he did with a stock block instead of giving him a well deserved pat on the back. But this site has been headed this way for a while now where guys that really shouldn't post up information that they really have no experience with do, and this has been bothering all of us that remeber when it wasn't this way. Its almost like the site becomes this regurgitating monster where newbies and those that don't really know what they are saying start ratteling off stuff they "think" they know just from reading a post one time about some guy somewhere else and what he wrote. This is the BAD side of these internet boards, however there is MUCH to be learned in this way though too. Hell if it wasn't for people posting about their experiences and things they have learned we'd all be way behind the curve, but people should express a little bit of reservation on posting up information they really don't know to be true or know the idividual circumstances of the car they are talking about. Troy (yeahloh95) and I were talking about this yesterday, everyone always post about splitting blocks and everyone jumped all over Chris about his power numbers... do we know how Chris drives his car? NO! Hell if he is out cruising the highways in Arizona at 2500rpm 90% of the time do you really think the block is going to split... hell no! I post sometimes about being careful of block splitting power, but I have already seen 2 of them PERSONALLY split and I warn people because of the way I drive my car. I can garantee you that'd I'd be one of the guys that would split the block because I am pretty much balls to wall, shifting at 6000+rpms all the time as Troy can attest to.

Chris, I feel your pain and I'm not on here NEARLY like I was. I still come back because I've been here so long and feel I sort of know some of these guys, but I rarely even post in tech anymore and stick to the talk section. I hope you don't leave for good, but I do understand your reasoning. :cheers:

Killercanary said:
do we know how Chris drives his car? NO! Hell if he is out cruising the highways in Arizona at 2500rpm 90% of the time do you really think the block is going to split... hell no!

OOOHHHH I know how he drives.:D

Good thing I still get to see you Chris. Sucks that you are leaving. You have been the best source of information for me here by far. As for the block comments. Chris knows what he is doing. You think he would put all of his time and money into something that is just going to break on him a day later. Chris is way to smart for that. As he said in another thread, there are tons of people putting down big #s on stock block but you only hear about the ones that break. Chris took his time and built one hell of a motor. How many people here can say they went to the machine shop everyday to go work on there ****. Chris could have had the shop put it all together but neither he went down there and did most of the **** himself. No only can he make sure everything is done right (since he did) he also has learned a lot. It is funny to watch people give Chris **** on the board. Since Chris's knowledge comes from experience and doing the work himself vs the people who read some crap on the internet and regurgitate it out.

Dustin

Since your leaving I think I should part you with some words of advice,

Be careful with those kind of numbers on the stock block buddy.

Haha, j.k i don't really know you but you seem to be a sweeto guy and i got your IM the other day just wasnt around so now that I have yours you will be receiving many messages with my noobiness questions. :)

This thread is too much...

Chris - stock blocks do suck. It's a real plain and simple thing. You know that and choose to do what you do anyway. BFD. I don't lose any sleep over it, and I know, that you know, that everytime you take your car hard into the upper RPM's you are taking your chances. Again, BFD. You car, your money.

Moral: who gives a **** what other people have to say about it.

Another thing, if someone doesn't want to pat you on the back for the numbers that your car puts out - don't respond to any of their posts or questions. Again, it's a real plain and simple thing. I've responded to many posts where people told me that I'm an idiot, this-that-and-the-other-thing. I don't try to help them. It's too easy.

I'm sorta in the same boat as Killer and 1105 though, so I can see why you are becoming disinterested. Not coming here all together for the reasons you stated though, is just kinda dumb....

Joe

I did not mean to say anything smart like I know everything when I said " that is scarry"

I have just read that anything above 500 horespower then it is in danger of cracking.

I don't think that you think I was telling you what to do, because I am not a 13sec guy. Maybe 15 sec :rlaugh:

I am a little newer here than most. I try to help if I can, but I learn more here than help. Electronics - I got down no problem, engine related, still learning. You knowledgable guys have saved me thousands of dollars in labor costs by answering questions others and myself ask. I hate to see someone with so much experience go. I thought the post count was an somewhat of an indicator. Maybe not.

Don't know you at all, but your numbers speak for themselves. You don't pull down 500+ hp without some serious knowhow. Especially on a stock block. Lot to consider. You did it, Congrats for that. Still hate to see the knowledge go though.

I can usually tell the experience from the crap pretty easy though. Don't let it get you down.

ahh the good days of Stangnet are long gone....i can remember the days when every free second I would be checking the forums waiting to see what new times Paul ran, or what crazy thing Joe(Vib) had to say...or what Andy (RIO) painted next....or just what good tech knowledge would be posted next...I agree with you Paul, there is a weird feeling that I "know" some of the old school members...i dont know, why do you think I didnt use the forums for a looong time?....it just lost some of its luster...Chris, you are a good guy, and have always been a good member, and very helpful...sad to see you go, but I understand

Anthony

You ***!!

Slow ass stock block time bomb you gut going on over there :D

Take a break from stangnet, you WILL be back, everyone always is.

Hell, i dont even own a 94/95 anymore, but i post here still lol. Way more then i post on any cobra board. I really hate most 03/04 cobra owners, and i like all the old skool guys here so ill continue to stick around here.

eades5.0 said:
Take care guys...

Chris...signing off
eades5.0 said:
Take care guys...don its been fun, I know u member the good ole days
eades5.0 said:
Thanks for the kind words guys. So Long
So, you've been back 2 times after your "signing off", yet you are "leaving"? I'm not trying to step on any toes, but isn't this thread sort of like pouting on the internet. Come on man, so what if someone gives you worthless tech advice, go on to the next post and see if that helps. And, if you are tired having people climb up your back about running a stock block (which I have no idea what you are running, and for that matter why people care if you do blow an engine up), laugh in their face when you add another 50 HP and still no problems. My buddy built a forged piston 306 and blew it up before 800 miles, talk about sucking. So there you go, in your defense, no block is invincible, stock or built. Heck, top fuel drag cars usually run their cars to failure every run and are rebuilt before each race. I would love to stomp on Z28's and SS all day long and proudly express that it is a stock block, it makes their pain that much more. While you may think what I am saying is arbitrary, and maybe it is, the point is not to let words bother you. It sounds like you are well respected on these boards, and it sounds like it would be a big loss to lose someone like yourself, so why not simply have "selective reading" and stick around. Also, I am curious to know because I have not been around too long, what were things like back in the "good ole days"? I find things useful on here all the time, and maybe its not always questions you think should be asked (such as what type of fog lights should I get, who makes the best windshield washer fluid, and how much horsepower do I have...), but who cares. Maybe try only reading topics you find interesting. Seriously though, without any sarcasm involved, how were things so different only a few years ago? I have a feeling that after I have been at this for a few years, it will become a lot less addicting and attractive, so maybe that's the problem: things that were interesting/helpful 2 years ago have now become so repetitive that you want to leave. We'll see if these words of wisdom get you to stay (or at least leave another comment/goodbye). Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.