Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bearded Forever

Type O Danzigative the Dark
Founding Member
Sep 4, 2000
Vinland
Finally got settled in after the move home. Replaced the turbo center section and no smoke! Well then she starts the next day. She'll only smoke if I boost high and she pops. I believe boost is getting past the rings and causing the cylinder/s to misfire and then push oil into the chambers.

So now I get to tackle a short block swap all by my lonesome. I'm in a good position to do it now with a garage and workbench and plenty of room to have the car sit. Thing is I don't have the time nor the cherry picker.

Other than that the last 3 weeks sucked. :) I'll get it up and running right soon enough. So if anyone needs to catch me send me a PM thru here and I'll shoot you my info to contact me offline.

• Sponsors (?)

So that's the deal eh? Sorry to hear it still smokes, but that new bottom end you bought "looked" great!

Glad to hear you are home.

Hey, I'll be in TX in Feb...'course that's a big state they say, but who knows maybe I can swing by and give you a hand on sumpin.

Todd and I bought an '88 turbocoupe tonite. Damaged Fender, such a beautiful car, bergundy interior and black exterior. 120k on the clock - although it could somehow be 20k, time will tell. 2nd owner has had it for 3 years, hasn't driven it since he got it at an insurance auction. Was gonna use it for a project car but no time. Runs like a top though for sitting 3 years. Said he's only started 3 times since he drove it home. Unfortunately for the car it's gonna be a sacrificial lamb. We got it for $500/2. Cleanest engine bay I've ever seen on a TF owned by a non-TF fanatic. Todd wants the tranny and rear, I want the engine, then we'll have all the spare parts needed for awhile (hoping).

And that new head I've been working on for ages for the 'vo - officially done tonite.

Good to see you alive.

later,