Sold the stang :(

• Sponsors (?)

WhiteDevil said:
So my question is to allyou staunch automatic fans, why did you want an automatic mustang? The thought of mid-high 15s, and no fun, just didnt do it for me. What brought you guys to the AODE?

When I bought my car, it really didn't matter if it was an AODE or 5spd. I got the perfect deal when I got my car. I drive over 100 miles a day, 50 of those miles are sometimes in traffic. I would have shot myself if I would have a 5spd. Also my AODE can handle more hp/tq than the T5. I don't have to worry about going though clutch or any thing like that. My AODE is on it's last leg though (well at least I think it is, it always proves me wrong). It has been though hell and back with me. But it still kicks like a champ. But when my tranny goes. I will get a C4 with a really nice stall. Not only will the C4 be cheaper than like a TKO or T56 it will be able to handle a lot more power. Plus that C4 will be better than those tranny's for drag racing. The only down fall for me now is that not as fun to drive and that I am slower than the T5s.

Dustin

94-302-vert said:
and that c4 will turn huge RPM's on the highway unlike the TKO or T56...

Chris

Yes I know, 3 spd w/o OD + 3:73 = High RPMs on highway, but in about 4 weeks I no longer have to drive very far. And by the time my AODE takes a **** I will already have a DD. I need a little truck even now. A C4 will make me want to get one even more.

Dustin

i have a "real man's" car, but it can be a pain at times, especially in rush hour with traffic constantly going between 0 and 20 mph for 20 minutes ... you spend most of the time with the clutch in.

sometimes an auto can definately make life more convenient.

So my question is to allyou staunch automatic fans, why did you want an automatic mustang? The thought of mid-high 15s, and no fun, just didnt do it for me. What brought you guys to the AODE?

My car doesn't run mid-high 15s...and it's plenty of fun.

Also my AODE can handle more hp/tq than the T5.

Exactly. I've seen enough T-5s bust third gear. With synthetic fluid, a cooler, and regular fluid changes, I don't have to worry about my tranny giving me problems anytime soon. Next year, if I go through with my planned combo, I will probably need to swap transmissions, in which case I'll be doing a built AODE from Lentech, Bauminator, ect.

I don't have to worry about going though clutch or any thing like that.

Another bonus.

The biggest thing is consistency. I need to have my shift points reprogrammed right now, as I hit the rev limiter between first and second if I don't let of the gas, and this leads to inconsistency. However, once I have this taken care of, my car should run almost the same time on every pass, which only the best stick drivers and most experienced drag racers can manage.

I like that im faster than most auto stangs you see stock for stock and mod for mod. Also i like that my stick gets better gas milage than those autos. And last year(unfortunatly my last time at the track). I went 12.94, 12.96, 12.93, and 12.99. This was on nitto drags and i feel thats pretty damn consistant.

WhiteDevil said:
I like that im faster than most auto stangs you see stock for stock and mod for mod. Also i like that my stick gets better gas milage than those autos. And last year(unfortunatly my last time at the track). I went 12.94, 12.96, 12.93, and 12.99. This was on nitto drags and i feel thats pretty damn consistant.

No doubt, stock for stock and mod for mod AODEs can't keep up. I am not bashing 5 spds. I am just saying what is a better option for me. And I get 20+ mpg which is good for me :nice:

Dustin

BTW nice times

GreenMustangGt said:
if you have a shifter that dosent move side to side, i feel bad for you

I feel bad for cars that have spary paint on them
smilesidhitit.gif

;)

Dustin