Some almost finished pictures of the beast

great job !!!!!!!!!!!! congrats on the long journey i truly envy right now i'm being pulled in different directions and i'm at a standstill.i am setting some goals for myself to atleast get this thing on all fours with the motor installed by this summer and then paint next year.sorry to hear of the gremlins keep us posted

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks hsean! You've been there throughout the whole build! If you're progress goes like mine this year you'll be all done next year! And I stopped workin on my car for four months last summer!

And yea the gremlins suck but it happens when you restore a car, there's always small things that need to be done to square everything up and get it right. I'm hoping I just need a new temp sensor for the thing cause this no start thing when hot is really annoying. That or I just need to keep a bag of ice with me to cover the sensor when it acts up. haha

I don't think I'm going to make it down this year, but next year I plan on going. I'm gonna force my boss to give me a week off to go down! Plus, its good advertisement for the business! lol

VERY NICE!!! Is that 98 rack that much different than the fox rack?

Yes and no. You need to use fox inner and outer tie rods on the 94-04 rack. You also need to change the bottom coupler on the steering shaft. You need to grind rivets off the bottom part of the rack. If you want a fox dash and fox column you need a fox rack and a lower portion of a 94-04 steering shaft with the 94-04 rack. Kaapeesh?

MAC---Nice job. I love the set up. The engine bay is prolly my favorite part. You did a better job lining up the dash along the firewall than I did in both my cars. I did cut more off the dash than you did though so I didn't have to shorten my door handles as much.

Also...what are your plans for outside door moldings? Are you going to add them, or leave them off? And is that airbag delete from 50resto? How did it fit, it looks like you ran a screw in that bottom corner.

I'm gonna get the door moldings down the road, I just don't have 180 bucks to buy them right now. And its the air bag delete from florida5.0. It fit pretty good, needed a little trimming to look better. And yea I had to run a screw, gonna paint it black so it doesn't stick out so bad. I had it in there with velcro but the adhesive let go.

Thanks for the comments, Im havin an issue with her tho. Starts and runs fine when cold. Once its hot, it doesn't want to start. Just changed the coolant temp sensor that talks to the computer and still no go. Its pretty annoying cause otherwise the thing is great so far. Took it for a nice long cruise with my buddy friday night and didn't have any issues except for that and my trans popping out of 2nd (my stubborness when I rebuilt it).

Try changing the coil, I bought an MSD "super blaster" coil, used it for about 4 months and it went bad. When the car was cold it would start right up, when I started running it, stopped then wanted to start it would not crank over. Luckily I had saved the good ol' Accel. Put it on and worked. Might be your prob.

Those door moldings are expensive as hell. A buddy of mine spent over 600 for the kit from 50resto for his LX. This car won Autorama in Detroit and they started curling up a few months later. When I saw the car, they were falling off. He was PIST. He used automotive 3M two-way tape, the good grey stuff. See if you can get a hold of some aircraft quality two-way tape. That stuff is VERY strong.

I'm going to try and get a real airbag for the passenger side even though I'm not hooking them up. I have some blown ones but they are difficult to glue back together. I'm using a plain old F150 bag for the left side. (Ford oval)

Yea I like the look of a real bag but the 250-300 bucks for a good bag wasn't appealing to me. So this was the next best (and cheapest) thing.

I agree. I've got one good one but it's got a slight rip in it. I'm thinking once I paint it black it won't be that noticeable. Years ago when I did a lot more 94-95 cars a set of bags plus module would cost me 750 all day. I bought prolly 4 sets of those from other yards out of state because nobody around here had any.

I see your car parked there every year. Im selling again this year in space L13

Most of the time I keep my for sale sign on the floor behind the passenger seat. The only time I ever put it in the window is when it's sitting outside gate 1 at Carlisle. 2 years ago I had some 16 year old kid wanting to buy it, said his dad told him he would buy him any stang he found at the show for his birthday. He tried to call his dad (in the fairgrounds) but no answer so he went in to get him and the money. As soon as dude walked through the gates I fired her up and got the hell out of there! I ain't selling my baby to some porkchop! I'm more than happy to keep riding around with my face like this ---> :D until I find the person I want to sell it to. I also have my for sale sign on it when I'm in Ocean City every spring, although I still only put up as far as sitting it on the back seat.

Hey Jesse, is your car ready for Carlisle this weekend? Is that 82 GT gonna run over with you?

Mine will be outside of gate 1, most likely on the street this year. It's gonna stand out even more with the 3 silver spots. My buddy pulled the dents from the deer that hit me. He got it nice and flat then I fudged up the silver in one spot and did not get the diamond plate pattern air-brushed in yet.