Some chevy guy's decided to admit the truth.......

gtp's, custom ported intake(stock style. but bigger than a gt40) bcam, 65mm tb, 70mm maf, the heads have been built up nicely with crane springs and such, no porting, polished valves. lots of timing LOL and a 4cyl t5 with 3.27's. we started out in 2nd and I laid into it, spinning and hooked the instant i hit 3rd, and put 3 cars on him before i went to 4th, and this thing was sounding nasty, i bout crapped myself after i beat him LOl

Sounds like you got LUCKY there. We had and still have a hard running GT40P combo similar to yours, and from a roll race wouldnt walk an LS1 that easily. Ours trapped 110-112 all day long, and thats right where a mild bolt on LS1 will trap, not too mention LS1 are roll race cars for the most part...

One day some Mustang owners will admitt that the Fbodies are great cars, and lots of times faster than a Mustang!

• Sponsors (?)

I just think it's funny that the chevy guy brag about beating foxbodys.They have more cubic inchs than us first off.I ran an 88 camaro at the track when i first got my stang (88GT) i was all stock,the camaro had cold air,gear,exhust.I out ran him by about five cars. At we got back to the staging lanes he came over and asked me what i had done.I told him it was all stock.He said there was no way. I open the hood and showed him he just couldn't believe that he got out ran.

LOL, I read the whole thing. Like Stangnet, there are some people over there who have no idea what they are talking about. Honestly, I'll be surprised if Chevy ever follows through with the Gen 5 Camaro and the Challenger due to their financial situation.

One day some Mustang owners will admitt that the Fbodies are great cars, and lots of times faster than a Mustang!

Yup, I'll admit it! :nice: Of the many years of these cars existence. Mustang wasn't as fast as a comperable Camaro or Firebird or Challenger. Yes they had options that were close and fairly comparable and some years they were higher performing.

An all out ground pounder isn't why I drive a Mustang daily. Its because it offers decent power, fun driving, reliable, an instantly recognizable styling, and mostly its very nice driving car that is comfortable. Far more comfortable than driving a 4th gen F-body. I know that becuase I tried back in early '01. The Mustang was far nicer to drive for me at 6'7" and had plenty of power for what I wanted.

Its this fact that is precicely why the Mustang is doing so well. Some people just want a sporty stylish car thats great to drive... Hence the V6 Stang sells so well. Its the primary reason the car is still around as its the "backbone" or "Cash-cow" of the line.

As for performance... well during the period they were alive. The V6's duked it out at the same level, but the Z-28/SS was far on the oposite end of the spectrum. That is what the Cobra model was for. Mustang GT's sat nicely in the middle with nothing from GM to compete with it in price/performance.

Think of it like this.

Base Mustang - - - - - - - - - - - - Base Camaro / RS
+
+
+
+
Mustang GT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
+
+
+
+
Mustang Cobra - - - - - - - - - - - - - Z-28 / Formula-Trans Am
. . . . . . . . . . . . . - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SS / WS-6
That is really how the chart looks up until F-body demise in late 2002. The price and performance level is pretty par with Cobra, and thats what the Cobra was for...

But umm, I like both... Just can't comfortably ride/drive the 4th gen cars from GM :flag:

I lol'd on that one too

Moron. What a waste of money. My god you could buy a fox, rebuild it, and supercharge the built motor for that much.

Let me know when you do that, caus I'll be there. It would have to be a hunk outside.

Don't get me wrong, I love the stang, but it takes some cash as well to get in to the 12's.

F bodies, and all LS 1 and LS 2 cars are fast. I don't mess with any of them at the moment. Now with new heads and an intake, it'll be a different story. I'm probably even with LS 1's for the time being.