some fun on the way home!!

chrisbudl1

Dec 21, 2003
springfield MO
Normally my drive home sucks, behind somebody that barely goes the speed limit, and won't switch lanes. tonight I was behind a minivan, which was behind either a new z, or the infinity version. It was silver, dropped and atleast had some body kit. never really got a chance to see which it was. Finally the z, or infinity changed lanes, and the minivan turned, so I went to pass the above mentioned car, just in third gear around 50 or so, and as soon as I passsed him, I heard him get on the gas, so I returned the favor. stayed out front, but he pretty much kept up, until around 110, then I let off, and he passed me, at the next light, all he said as his girlfriend smiled, was sounds nice. than off again same thing out in front, until we got into traffic. Then I hear this blow off valve neon behind me, who pulled up next to me and asked if I could keep up with that z, I said pretty much with a smile. he stayed about one carlength behind me in the other lane, until I turned off, then blow off valve fart cannon city that sound would drive me nuts, I swear my ryobi weedeater sounds the same. oh well, I was smiling when I got home. anybody with similiar mods feel like sharing their shift patterns, and approx speed. I normally want to go to 5th around 110, or maybe a little higher. and once in fifth, doesn't really pull much more. probably would on a long stretch of highway. Just curious, had to share. chris

• Sponsors (?)

My friend that I work with has a 2005 SRT-4, and although it is somewhat fast, it is still funny how intimidated he gets when I start talking about supercharged cobras. When I finally brake him down, we will line up and I will let you guys know how it goes.. I dont see him hanging with me at all tho.. :D

ps. I live in germany so he will have no excuses for top end or low end. On another note, I wish I had more rice boys to mess with, but my common ride home will be around Mercedes Kompressers, m3, m5, porsche carreras, 911's, occasional ferrari, never seen a lambo yet. Its funny to have around 460hp and 12sec quarters and still be left behind! :( oh well it will be good practice for when I return home in 2007..

-Active Army deployed to Stuttgart, Germany :flag:

96cobra4.6 said:
My friend that I work with has a 2005 SRT-4, and although it is somewhat fast, it is still funny how intimidated he gets when I start talking about supercharged cobras. When I finally brake him down, we will line up and I will let you guys know how it goes.. I dont see him hanging with me at all tho.. :D

ps. I live in germany so he will have no excuses for top end or low end. On another note, I wish I had more rice boys to mess with, but my common ride home will be around Mercedes Kompressers, m3, m5, porsche carreras, 911's, occasional ferrari, never seen a lambo yet. Its funny to have 460hp and 12sec quarters and still be left behind! :( oh well good practice for when I return home in 2007..

-Active Army deployed to Stuttgart, Germany :flag:
I see you are new to the site, welcome. Nice ride you have there. :cheers:

chrisbudl1 said:
Normally my drive home sucks, behind somebody that barely goes the speed limit, and won't switch lanes. tonight I was behind a minivan, which was behind either a new z, or the infinity version. It was silver, dropped and atleast had some body kit. never really got a chance to see which it was. Finally the z, or infinity changed lanes, and the minivan turned, so I went to pass the above mentioned car, just in third gear around 50 or so, and as soon as I passsed him, I heard him get on the gas, so I returned the favor. stayed out front, but he pretty much kept up, until around 110, then I let off, and he passed me, at the next light, all he said as his girlfriend smiled, was sounds nice. than off again same thing out in front, until we got into traffic. Then I hear this blow off valve neon behind me, who pulled up next to me and asked if I could keep up with that z, I said pretty much with a smile. he stayed about one carlength behind me in the other lane, until I turned off, then blow off valve fart cannon city that sound would drive me nuts, I swear my ryobi weedeater sounds the same. oh well, I was smiling when I got home. anybody with similiar mods feel like sharing their shift patterns, and approx speed. I normally want to go to 5th around 110, or maybe a little higher. and once in fifth, doesn't really pull much more. probably would on a long stretch of highway. Just curious, had to share. chris

I wish I lived in an area where people had so much balls to race at 110 mph. Everybody drives so slow beacause of traffic (on their cell phones of course :mad: ). Then when people are going 80-90mph it ends up being a sentra or a miata :nonono: . Sounds like fun where you live. :shrug: Gotta watch for the PoPo around here though. :D

Greymare said:
I shift into 5th around 138-140mph :)
is that in your 03, with 3:55's I am assumeing? I think something isn't tight in the back end, I feel some vibrations, at different speeds, before the aluminum driveshaft, it was really bad, above 85, now just a little around 70-75, depending on throttle position. It just wants to stay around 115 or so. Surely the gears didn't take that much off the top end. :shrug: it was a first time install, with the gears, but everything has gone ok so far, a little whine, but not to bad???? just curious for the cobras out there with 4:10's and a factory 5 speed, does this sound normal?

DoHcHoLlIdAy01 said:
I wish I lived in an area where people had so much balls to race at 110 mph. Everybody drives so slow beacause of traffic (on their cell phones of course :mad: ). Then when people are going 80-90mph it ends up being a sentra or a miata :nonono: . Sounds like fun where you live. :shrug: Gotta watch for the PoPo around here though. :D
Yeah there are a couple of places where it's straight, and if your gonna do it, than you have a split second decision heh what the heck. I doubt the cop cars could keep up on back roads. Just only when it is safe, and plenty of room to slow down, before you hit traffic. drive safely guys! :nice: