Spark Plugs

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure there is some difference but would you even notice it? Timing, carb, fuel quality, exhaust, general engine condition, coil, points, wires are all significant variables in performance. I put my money into intake and exhaust as well as electronic ignition.

No, they are not worth the money. They are a gimmick marketed to people who dont know how flame propagation works(ie, anyone who cant change their own sparkplugs).

The sparkplugs that came in most cars built in the last four decades did the job as they should. As we get more and more smog regs, the engineers have to consider new ways to meet them. Ironically, basic sparkplug design hasnt changed.

We used to "side gap" the plugs for racing.. giving MORE flame to the fuel.. all these NEW ideas are old ideas.. just factory made!! cool?? With a carb ect .. plugs become fuel foul long befor they wear out.. stay copper core.. experiment with heat ranges and that is better off!! $7.00 a plug..?? come on!! LOL

Just me.............................

Thumper

I bought a set of Bosch Platinums, still has a single prong but were the same price as the standard plugs were so why not? Did i notice any difference? Nope. Some claim you will get better fuel economy, you can increase your economy by the way you drive your car. Isn't really a way to prove they help IMO

shotsy said:
is .45 too much gap for a 9.5:1 compression ratio on a 351C with the durraspark conversion? Sorry to hijack BTW

What kind of cam do you have in there? If it is a stock cam, start out with 0.40 and work your way up. My cam is bigger than stock and it seems to work the best with a gap of 0.50 and i too have a duraspark box. I know people that run up to 0.60 with a multiple spark box and hot cams and the gap was set by dyno tuning.