Speed Cal

xlilzeex

Aug 2, 2004
Macomb, MI
well i just got back from the shop and i guess my pinion in my rear diff is bad. I guess now i have a reason to throw in the 4.10's. Only thing is, i need a speedcal and quick ! Im going to go drop off the gears on Monday, so i need to get this speed cal asap. Also, how much do they usually run? My cars costing me 1800 already to get everything fixed on it including a paint job so i really dont feel like spending any extra money that i dont have to. If you can, just post any links where i can get the speedcal. Thanx guys

• Sponsors (?)

100 bucks, thats a little much for me at the moment. Isn't there a cheaper way to fix the speedo after the gear install. I know about the speedo gear you can buy but im not sure if there is a tooth count for 4.10's. Can anyone clarify this?

More than likely but in the end you'll want the speedcal anyways so instead of the $100 right up front for the speedcal you'll be paying $10 for that gear and then $100 for the speedcal later. Do it right the first time.

More than likely but in the end you'll want the speedcal anyways so instead of the $100 right up front for the speedcal you'll be paying $10 for that gear and then $100 for the speedcal later. Do it right the first time.

+++1
I first did the speedo gear in my 97 GT with 3.73 gears, and it just got chewed up:nono: . Speedcal is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nice:

what belongs in a high temp enclosed gear grinder that's lash is measured in thousandiths of inches? a plastic gear!!!
I went through this delema too, but the speedcal is also going to be the only thing that makes it exact. not only do plastic speedo gears go out after a year, they can be off 5-10%