speed density?

• Sponsors (?)

You can do a lot of mods to the engine as long as you don't mess with the cam too much. There are several grinds that will work with SD but the computer is very sensitive to a change in the vacuum signal. Some people will tell you that you can't mod a SD car, but there are a lot of guys out there who have done it successfully. Including intake, heads, and even superchargers. Most of the basic mods are fine pullys, cai, tb, headers, etc. Hope this helps some.

agreed, there have been many in depth threads on this, mostly in 5.0 talk, as i recall. the die hard S.D. folks have done some nice stuff and know what works and doesnt. they had detailed posts in these threads.
keep the s.d. it has better power than maf stock vs stock. mods do work. dont give in. :)

you can swap it, you just need to be cautious about how radical you go. we have all heard cars with a barely streetable, lumpy cam, and that will not work (ones that need a vac canister to assist with brake booster, etc). but you can get some decent cams that work just fine while retaining s.d.

new 2 tha game said:
I haven't found a price on any of them would you happen to know?

they run about $275 at summit. heres just a few cams & their specs & prices.

XE264HR #35-349-8
.512/.512 lift 264/70 adv dur, 212/[email protected] dur, 114 lsa w/1.6 RR's

NX264HR #35-552-8
.512/.512 lift 264/276 adv dur 212/[email protected] 114 lsa w/1.6 (for N20)

Crower 15511 runs $325
.468/.486 lift 278/282 adv dur 218/[email protected] 114 lsa w/1.6's.

I ran the 15511 with SD in my old 302 yrs back with heads, ex, int etc etc and worked great.. has an excellent TQ band with good power to 6k.

Hope this helps,
Scott