Speed warning?

• Sponsors (?)

I found out that it only happens as I go through the 72 MPH mark. The cruise control was on but when I hit 75 there was no more beeping. I am wearing my seat belt for those of you suggesting that I am not. Besides that the chime would be going off all the time.

351CJ,
Tell me more about this unmatched IC & PCM odometer reading. It beeps 9 times then quits for about a minute then does it again.

I don't think this guys post is BS, as some have stated. But, I also don't think that it is a "speed warning" either. It would be a widespread issue and it seems to be only a few people having it.

351CJ seems to know, as always, what he's talking about here in regards to a very plausible senario. My advice to those who have this issue: Listen to 351CJ and bring the car back to the dealer.

rhoover2 said:
I found out that it only happens as I go through the 72 MPH mark. The cruise control was on but when I hit 75 there was no more beeping. I am wearing my seat belt for those of you suggesting that I am not. Besides that the chime would be going off all the time.

351CJ,
Tell me more about this unmatched IC & PCM odometer reading. It beeps 9 times then quits for about a minute then does it again.

Im sorry to say this, but something is wrong with your car. Noone else is reporting any beeping at any speed.

I would get it to the dealership for warranty repair ASAP.

spectravp said:
I don't think this guys post is BS, as some have stated. But, I also don't think that it is a "speed warning" either. It would be a widespread issue and it seems to be only a few people having it.

351CJ seems to know, as always, what he's talking about here in regards to a very plausible senario. My advice to those who have this issue: Listen to 351CJ and bring the car back to the dealer.

LOL ... I own the car foo and it just dont do that :D

I think it's like what 351CJ said. It must be some diagnositc code going off. I have an appointment for Wed. at the dealer I bought it from. When I find out what's causing it I will post it. Now that I know that it only goes off between 72-75 MPH I just avoid that speed and go right on past.....

Thanks for all the info tho.

spectravp said:

Thanks for the props bro.

What I can say is that it is absolute fact that the Lincoln LS has 2 different warning beeps that are programmed in to tell you if the odometer has been tampered with. One of them is as I described with the cruise control on, similar to what rhoover2 described on his 05 Mustang.

I do NOT know if rhoover2's Mustang is giving the same warning, but the Mustang lifted a lot of the electronics from the LS. Based on that I suspect that what rhoover is hearing is some sort of diagnostic warning. It may not be the odometer issue that I described, but it is almost certantly a warnig beep telling him that something in his Mustang is not operating properly.

watch said:
Put 435 miles on my GT no beep ever no matter what speed. Did open up the air box and the car feels much stronger.

I'm a bit of a novice and a first time Mustang owner. What do you mean by "open up the air box"? More power is always a good thing and I'd like to get some more out of my 05 GT.

The chime at speed is NOT supposed to happen. The only warning chime associated with a moving vehicle is the BeltMinder chime.

I've had mine over 120 and there was never a chime anywhere up through that speed.

I removed the small snorkle that goes from the air filter to the inner fender .Then i cut a larger area to allow more air to enter the air filter box.Last i removed the hydrocarben filter between the air filter and the mass air unit.The car sounds like a 03 mach 1 with the air silencer removed. .Feels just as strong also .This will do until they come up with a cold air setup.

Got the word from the Mustang development team in Dearborn and apparently some of the units leaving the plant had an instrument cluster that was programmed for the "GCC" (whatever that is). No big deal. They hooked up to the car's computer and downloaded the proper program. No more beeping!