speedo question

• Sponsors (?)

if your talking about say a white face guage overlay, then i belive that there is a gear on the end of the cable that runs from the speedo to the tranny that you need to swap out.

To add a second question to this thread, Im thinking of buying a set of white face cobra guage overlays, how ever nothing is listed for the 4cyl, only 5.0L. Is the only difference the range of the speedo, or am I missing something?

im not talking about the tach. I got a speedo cluster from a 5 liter. I took the speedo out. and took the speedo out of my car and put that one in. Its white faced yes, but my STOCK tach is still there. I took off the lil weight or whatever it is, the lil black thing on the end of the needle, because when im completly stopped, it reads 10mph. without it on, it reads it perfectly up until about 60, then past that, it goes from like 60 to 100 in like 3 seconds, but then i put the black piece back on , and it reads the right speed past 60. So for me to have a correctly readen 140 speedo, I need to change the cable?

and to answer the second question, I really couldnt help u buddy. I dunno why no one doesnt wanna make things for 4 cylinders. I guess when they go to these forums and see the number of them out there, they will get into it.

You might have a bad speedo, i put in my 140mph V8 speedo without changing a thing and it works just fine. I checked it against my other car when i was done and it reads same as the old one. With the exception of the rear end gear ratio, all the speedo gearing is internal for the switch from the 85 - 140 the fact that your wont properly 0 itself is a sign something is wrong.

Dr.

look on ebay, they have TONS of white gauge faces for lx mustangs. they go from 8$ to 50$. it may say 5.0lx v8, just look the pics, everything is the same
85 mph speedo, 6000rpm tach, all the other guages.

all the ones i've seen on ebay are the junk speed glow gauges, or some crappy ricer knock off setup. I want the cobra gauges, an all black background with white gauge faces. All the ones i've seen on ebay are completely white. But i guess i'll just keep looking.