SRT4??

• Sponsors (?)

I had my cobra intake and full exhuast and UDP and spanked the ever liven piss outta one. Should do MORE than alright so long as he is not modded too heavily...

my buddy runs a low-mid 13 with just boost controller CIA and full exhaust... pushing 15lbs...

another guy i know runs 11's running 28lbs... keeps blowing his intercooler piping apart... dont know the specs on the motor!

they can be made fast Quick

Well had one pull up next to me and when the light changed he just darted off I didnt know he wanted some......he had like 3 car lengths...kept hearing his BOV.....so I was like alright and when we had to slow down my front bumper was right at his door handle... :shrug:

They can be pretty quick. They are more of a high gear car. You should be able to spank them out of the whole and hope to put a couple cars on him through 2nd. I raced a fairly stock one at the track...CAI and Exhaust. I think he ran 14 flat to my 14.2 a while back before the HCI. You shouldnt have a hard time walking him.

i actually own an srt4 and they can me made very fast for cheap (much like the 5.0)

you have h/c/i/ and gearing, you should be fine from a dig, you will definantly out launch the srt, but they can catch up very fast 2nd and 3rd gear if they are modded.

top end, he will probably get you, they have decent top end and the turbo keeps pushing it..

anyway, they lack traction due to front wheel drive platform unless the guy is a very good driver they are hard to get good times off the line.

they boost 15lbs stock but with a simple wastegate actuator ($75-100 used to new) or boost controller they can be upwards of 17 or 18.

in your favor, race from a dig not from a roll.

PICT0115.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0115.jpg
    PICT0115.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 66
Ahhhhh! The good ol' arch, right in my hometown. :nice:

Anyway, I would LOVE to own an SRT-4 as a daily driver. I think they are cool little cars. I'm just a fan of sport/racing packages in general. I used to own a Contour SVT and it was the best car I ever owned until I picked up my Mustang.

Now, I'm NOT a fan of Contours, but the SVT is the ****.

On the same note, I'm not a fan of Neons, but I DO like the SRT-4.

Same thing with the Cobalt SS.

There is a new, more powerful srt4 coming out in 2008 I believe. Its going to be the Caliber model. More power, but a heavier body.
I never had probs with the srt4's. Im pretty stock sept for 3.73's full exhaust, and control arms. The driver was pissed.

Whoever said to look the f*** out if it's modded is right! My buddy sold his '70 Dart with a built 360 and bought a modded '04 SRT4. The timeslips he had from the seller were 12.7ish and that thing would F***ing go! Sad part about it is he had it for about a year and drove it hard, with no problems, never wrecked it, and all that. He sold it to some 16 year old punk who had it for less than 2 weeks and promptly hit a tree at 110-120mph, flipped it end over end and rolled it four times. Stupid people suck!

Ahhhhh! The good ol' arch, right in my hometown. :nice:

Anyway, I would LOVE to own an SRT-4 as a daily driver. I think they are cool little cars. I'm just a fan of sport/racing packages in general. I used to own a Contour SVT and it was the best car I ever owned until I picked up my Mustang.

Now, I'm NOT a fan of Contours, but the SVT is the ****.

On the same note, I'm not a fan of Neons, but I DO like the SRT-4.

Same thing with the Cobalt SS.

On that TV Show called Hard Shine there is a Ricer Kid that had a Saturn Red Line which is pretty much the Cobalt, he proceeded with the typical Ricer Statement that he had modded it with a Computer Upgrade that was worth 100 HP all by itself! He then bought and added a bunch more junk and then put it on the Dyno it it made 140 HP and was puking Oil all over the place.