North East SSoM Members!!!

• Sponsors (?)

is that the class you ran last year? the one that if you lost your round you were still able to run Test and Tune after? If so that is a good one.

I'm not too worried about hot lapping because I've done that a few times before on some test and tune days. Would like to have some higher octane to avoid the possibility of detonation. Hope NH still has 93.

trying to get the video program running on this computer which is Win7 64 bit. My old computer that I know will run the program has Win XP. If this one doesn't work then I will hook up the old system and work on the vid tomorrow.

Made it home at about 70-75mph with no problems. Car stinks of oil. I have a bunch of oil to clean off the underside tomorrow.
Not my best day at the track.

Not my best day either. I did some reading up on the shock/strut settings over on the corral. My front end was coming down so quick b/c it was at full loose. I should have it set at 2-3 on the front to keep it from slamming down so quick again and the rears should be set at 5-6. When I get there tomorrow I'm going to set them at 3/6 and make adjustments from there.

Thanks for working on the vid, cant wait to see them. I did not have the big plume of oil coming from under the cowl when I got home like I did when I got at the track. I kept it at 65 the whole way, wonder if anything to do w/ the higher RPM's and turning closer to 3,000 RPMs going 75-80 had anything to do with it? I'm going to keep it at 65 on the way down tomorrow and see if it makes a difference for a second time.

I only had 3 runs all day and they did not do any free runs after all the eliminations were done b/c the whole day was backed up time wise b/c of broke cars on the track and blown radiator hoses spewing coolant all over teh place so nothing was on time and everything was late. I did one practice run and 2 qualifying runs for the Street Shoot out class. Eliminations are tomorrow.

My first run the suspension in the front lifted hard and dropped back down really quick killing my 60' time cutting a 2.5 and running a 14.2 @ 105

Second run I adjust the shocks and cut a 1.8 and ran a 13.0 @ 108 but it was still coming down to quick.

Third run I screwed up going into third and that run was all done. did cut a 1.71 60 on that one.

Car weighed in at 3,516 with full interior and me in it. Minus the passenger side seat it should be around 3,470ish

I checked the weight on my car. Not to much different than your. Can't remember the exact weight but I'm thinking 3524.
Yesterday I did the True Street class. Went for a short drive then did the runs back to back. I missed 2nd on the first run and 4th on the second so I wound up in the low 13s at about 117. Had a little smoke on the top end of both runs. On the second run I leaked some oil on the starting line so they pulled me from the competition. I then found out that the PCV valve blew off the back of the intake. I could see the PCV sitting on top of my trans. Took a little work to get it. I had some oil on the engine and lot coating the underside of the car.
That sucked but I know I have too much crank case pressure at WOT. One of the cylinders really needs to be re-ringed or bored.
Could have been worse!
Steve with the yellow SN95 and double stack wing ,we met him years ago and had his car in a mag, blew a hose and made a mess on the track.
I think there were about 30 cars in that class. Someone ran over 140mph. I didn't think it was fair they allowed cars with cheater slicks.

Thanks bryan!

I did better today but still have some work to do.

Ran two 12.8's with 1.6 60' times and a two 13.0's. i was playing with the settings on each run. The 2 runs that were 12's and 1.6's the fronts were set at 3 and the rears at 6

if you looked at vid 3. it does show that right rear squatting more than the left. that would go with the left front lifting more.
An airbag in the right rear spring would help level that rear. That would be the cheapest way to go. The better but more expensive way would be a rear sway bar attached to the frame.

I want to do an anti roll bar anyway. Found this pic, Guess there is no problems with it getting traction.

0814D10_6095.jpg

What kind of blower is that? That would be some serious grunt, especially with the weight of your car.The HP is always great, but once you get into the higher HP range, those revs go a lot faster, and great shifting becomes that much more essential.