North East SSoM Members!!!

• Sponsors (?)

yeah thats for sure been way to long now. Just hope there are no major issues. Pretty sure I did everything right but was still my first time putting the top half of the engine together and adjusting the roller rockers.

Fred do you want to get here around 7 to 7:30 or do you want to show up later?

Bought the exhaust system today. That was the last main piece to get. I'll pick up the oil coolant and power steering fluid tomorrow then the list is complete. Nothing left but installing it all and hoping everything goes well. I was going to get a Borla catback system and at the time it was $640 at end of last month. As of last night it took a price jump up to $710. I could just not justify spending that much on exhaust. So I got the old tried and true Magnaflow system off from summit for $552. Its a great sounding system so cant really go wrong with it. I got the magnapack system last time, just went with the regular magnaflow system this time. Hoping between that and the cats it keeps it somewhat toned down.

Ouch that's expensive for just a catback!
I plan on meeting you guys there. I'll be there sometime in the morning but not early. Going to get the bike inspected on Saturday so I can take that.
You can ask me questions and hopefully I have answers.

Bryan hope to see you there. Travis with that catback and cats it should be pretty quiet even with the long tubes. Is that the best price you could find? 550 seems alittle high. Although a couple years ago, I paid 375ish for the maggie exhaust. I always liked the borla and wanted one just could never justify the price.

That works fred, I'll be up early anyway. I checked everywhere for cat back systems and they have all gone up in price. $552 was the best I could bet the magnaflow kit for. We wont be able to put the cats on when you come down again I'll have to drive it to an exhaust shop and have it done. Found one in gorham that said it would be no problem at all. So all we have to do is hook the rear end back up, put the long tubes in, the prochamber and the mangaflow kit and start it up. If I'm able to test drive it we will have to bleed the brakes first. If we dont run into chris at the show I'll let him know we are doing it next weekend he said he wanted to come by.

Hope it is a lot more quiet then my last system even though it had cats I think those magnapack mufflers are just way to brutal for street use. Not that I dont like a nice loud sounding exhuast I'm just sick of the BS of trying to get a sticker all the time. Even though it had a "legal" exhaust system it was still to loud to get a sticker at most places. Guess I'm turning into and old fck like bryan.

08e56b73.jpg

Hope it is a lot more quiet then my last system even though it had cats I think those magnapack mufflers are just way to brutal for street use. Not that I dont like a nice loud sounding exhuast I'm just sick of the BS of trying to get a sticker all the time. Even though it had a "legal" exhaust system it was still to loud to get a sticker at most places. Guess I'm turning into and old fck like bryan.

Walk quietly but always carry a big stick. Potty mouth^

Changed the oil today, filled the radiator up with coolant, filled the power steering pump and put the battery back in. Almost ready to fire it up.

Fred if you want to come down late morning - noon that works fine for me. Bryan if you want to come by let me know I'll send you my address its not hard to find my place at all especially with GPS if you have it.

Thanks to all of you guys for coming over today, it meant a lot to me to get a few extra hands to get it running once again. I got the rear end bolted back up after you guys left and connected the prochamber up. Tomorrow I'm going to get the drive shaft hooked back up, the sway bar and put the tires back on it. I'll see if there is anyway I can get the mufflers connected and on a set of hangers so that maybe I can at least drive it to the exhaust shop to get the system figured out. Just have to bleed the brakes and I can at least drive it. Its still pretty loud w/ the prochamber hooked up but not as bad as right off the long tubes.

Thanks again guys.