Standard Rotation Waterpump

rd

Founding Member
Jan 12, 2000
Ocean Springs MS
Just read the thread on the brackets to delete the ac compressor and ps pump.

My 82 has a manual rack, no ac or smog pump. I made a bracket that mounts a six rib pulley on the drivers side, with a threaded rod in the left head, and flat bar braces to the water pump. Got the pulley at a swap meet. Its worked, but I also have the March bracket to install.

A std rotation pump would be the best solution.

Can anyone list what std rotation pump and pulley would work? I looked at this several years back and could not find a std rotation pulley that seemed to work.

• Sponsors (?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but running a standard rotation pump vs reverse rotation requires a different timing cover, doesn't it? @Chuckman
Not with said pump, same casting with reversed (compared to mustang) impeller blades. That way water still flows the proper way thru the block with the pulley spinning the opposite way. One of fords little tricks to save money by being able to use one timing cover (and pump casting) for a particular era.

Not with said pump, same casting with reversed (compared to mustang) impeller blades. That way water still flows the proper way thru the block with the pulley spinning the opposite way. One of fords little tricks to save money by being able to use one timing cover (and pump casting) for a particular era.

Ok, I remember the problem I had now. I pulled an engine from a 94 and had to move the timing cover over from the 84. They were changed in 94 and none of the fox stuff would work without changing the timing cover.

Ok, I remember the problem I had now. I pulled an engine from a 94 and had to move the timing cover over from the 84. They were changed in 94 and none of the fox stuff would work without changing the timing cover.

Yup, the 94/95 cover (and explorer, basically the same casting iirc other than some bs for the explorer crank trigger) use a whole different accessory setup that is shorter than fox stuff.