'Stang Remote Reprogramming

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
SE Georgia
The remote on my car just up and stopped working one day for some reason. So, today I went to reprogram it. I searched the threads to see if I could find how to do it and all I could find was for the older cars and going through the trunk and shorting out the receiver box and going about it that way. I searched the internet and found a much fast way. I don't know if it works on the older ones, but it worked on my 2004 flawlessly.

Turn the key from off to run 8 times in 10 seconds ending in the run position,if you have entered program mode the doors will lock and unlock,press any button on your 1st transmitter the locks should lock and unlock,and repeat that step for every additional transmitter. Programming all within 20 seconds,exit program mode by turning the key to the off position!!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, turn the key 8 times ending in the on position on the 8th. The locks up go up and down letting you know u can program it now. Press the button on the remote and it will automatically learn. Easy to do. We used an suv remote on a stang. works the same just different "looking" button for the trunk.