stang v-6 power questions....

has any one put a twin screw super charger on the market for the v-6?? i was reading on one of the v6 only sites where some one was working on one but that thread was 3 months old, so i was wondering if u guys might know if it ever made it to market?

• Sponsors (?)

yea they dont care... if you run a M90 you better keep the psi down or build the motor cuz the stock internals wont handle the pressure.... low rpm psi.... so you eitehr get alot of low end tq lower hp due to lower psi or you can run a standard vortech/procharger blower and get higher hp lower tq and higher psi saftly.

or you could go turbo as some have done, you could fab up a lower intake to make the twin screw work... it would be some work, you should find out if it will mount to the supercoupe M90's stock lower cuz that will bolt up to a pre 99 set of heads... but it wotn line up with teh belt drive and other issues but its a start. you might could get KB to make a custom belt drive extention or something to meet it up with the belt. go to www.v6power.net and talk to v6sprout he has a whole supercoupe motor in his car and can tell you how to go about it.

SpectorV said:
yea they dont care... if you run a M90 you better keep the psi down or build the motor cuz the stock internals wont handle the pressure.... low rpm psi.... so you eitehr get alot of low end tq lower hp due to lower psi or you can run a standard vortech/procharger blower and get higher hp lower tq and higher psi saftly.

or you could go turbo as some have done, you could fab up a lower intake to make the twin screw work... it would be some work, you should find out if it will mount to the supercoupe M90's stock lower cuz that will bolt up to a pre 99 set of heads... but it wotn line up with teh belt drive and other issues but its a start. you might could get KB to make a custom belt drive extention or something to meet it up with the belt. go to www.v6power.net and talk to v6sprout he has a whole supercoupe motor in his car and can tell you how to go about it.
thanks, ill look in to that stuff.:nice:

SpectorV said:

This is more pain then its worth, trust me, i already did all the research about a year ago. It seems that for the benefits you gain, its not cost effective. Youll spend 5000 modding ur engine just to work with the damn thing. Its cheaper just to buy a kit already made for the six or do a complete motor swap, not just a supercharger bolt on.

ganador01 said:
And isn't kenny bell comming out with a roots type for our cars?

Hell, I wish... I seriously doubt you want to hold your breath for that one though. But, if they ever did put their twin screw blower on the market for us, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

I couple guys are actualy producing a mounting kit for the m90 blower. The thread is about 22 pages no lie. I posted about this kit awhile ago on this site. They say they will offer some kind of twin screw version.I don't know. I stopped reading the posts because im real confused. Its all on 3.8mustang.com