stang vs. charger

Thankx guys, i dont know when the race will actually happen if it even will, he tends to run his mouth and wont step up to a challenge. He cant drive his charger very good, ive seen him. I dont think ill do it until i at least get my clutch replaced, its got 93k on it and quite a few burnouts so its starting to slip. I know im a good enough driver to beat him if i can hit all my gears. Thankx for the help

• Sponsors (?)

I had a guy in a Charger R/T race me a few times. First time I blew my launch and it took til about 70mph to catch up, but then he let off and said he won.. So we raced again and I got him.

Then a few weeks later, he didn't see me out in town and started running his mouth to my friends about how he "whooped that white mustang".. So I popped out and said "alright, lets go".. I whipped his ass straight up that night. He was probably 2 cars back by the time I got to 90mph. I know street racing is wrong, but it was during the time when the track was closed :(

I say it'd be close, I wouldn't put money on it tho.

My cousin has an 03GT stock, was beating one at 4am on the freeway all the way up to 120mph before the MSP pulled us over. They were extremely cool about it though and wrote it for 80 in a 55. The cop didn't even show up in court so the ticket was thrown out.

Well I can drive up there and let you run my car...just tell him you ditched the body kit and painted it sliver :shrug: .

But seriously, I would think its going to be a CLOSE run....if he gets out in front, I dont think you will catch him. Especially with all that audio stuff! Thats dead weight man, ditch it before the race.

And what do you mean "straight" exhaust? No mufflers, or no mid pipe?

But good luck none the less, and try to go to the track if you can...I would hate to see you arrested for street racing a mopar :(. Just call him a pansy because he knows he will loose at the track, if he still trys to get you to street race. :nice:

mineralgray2002 said:
Alright guys, I had a guy come up to me running his mouth saying that he will bet me $100 that his charger r/t can outrun my mustang. I told him lets take it to the track so i can get a timeslip proving that i won and he said street race. I told him that id think about it. Do you guys think i stand a chance of beating him, i know i can shift fast enough but iono bout him having a hemi. Thankx
I test drove 1 a few months back and I was impressed. I dont think they are the best looking cars, but it was reasonably fast for what it was. It will be a driver's race with your car, period! I raced a couple of them and a magnum and beat them all by about 6-8 cars in the 1/4,but Im not stock either. I honestly believe that they would beat me (cause of my auto trans) if I were stock.:shrug:

Mustang5L5 said:
I must be the only one that likes Chargers.

Let's just say the idea of trading my GT in for an all black R/T has crossed my mind once or twice.

Well I can't say that trading for a Charger has crossed my mind but buying one at some point has. It'd be a sweet 4 door family car, especially with at least the 5.7 Hemi. From the front to about the C-pillar the car looks sweet to me, but the rear needs to be refreshened, it looks too much like an Intrepid.

CatmanJJ said:
Well I can't say that trading for a Charger has crossed my mind but buying one at some point has. It'd be a sweet 4 door family car, especially with at least the 5.7 Hemi. From the front to about the C-pillar the car looks sweet to me, but the rear needs to be refreshened, it looks too much like an Intrepid to me.

I feel the same way...if I had the need for a family car, I'd get one. I'd even consider one now, if the R/T were available with a manual.

tomustang said:
Since there's TONS of threads in here about "Can i keep up with a 4cyl tiberon/fwd carlo/camera etc etc i doubt you can take on a V8 family car :rolleyes:

i have been wondering the same thing.

what happened to" can i kill and LS" threads?

they have been replaced by "will i lose to a civic Si VTEC" !!!

what is that? kinda lowering the standards guys. of course the hemi will kill you. shoot for the civic. you are (not really) guaranteed to win then.