stangcrazygirl project thread

This is my 90 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert. 5-speed.

I bought it in July of 08.

I added the 17" Chrome Pony R's then took out the tired old torn up gray interior and installed some near perfect black Leather Anniv. seats, new black carpet, black dash, rear speaker quarters, console, and have door panels but they are not installed yet. I need seat belts also but still looking for some black ones..

Mods so far are: BBK cold air intake, ProM 75mm mass air, BBK 70mm T/B, March pulleys, MSD ignition, BBK shorty headers, Flowtech 2 1/2 O/R H-pipe, and 2-chamber Flows dumped.

What does it need now? Exterior ect.. I am looking at getting a Cobra R hood or a 3" cowl maybe. Lowering springs but not sure which ones to get?

Thanks!

100_2927.jpg

100_2922.jpg

100_2919.jpg

100_2929.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

welp i think first of you should sell me the seats, dash and center console :D. would look good in my black lx vert.

nice stang. very clean!

check ebay. theres a set of black vert seat belts on there. saw them friday night on there.

I think it looks sweet, i don't know about the cowl hood, it looks nice an clean the way it is. I have a 2.5 on my notch an it's ok. the 2" an 2.5" are ok, but I personally wouldn't run a big cowl hood unless I had some serious HP to "back it up"

I totally agree with losing the rack/lid. I wanted to get a flat one but with a wing. I like the anniv. edition ones that have the wing on the lid.
I think I will leave the trim black though..

What is a good lowering spring that gives it that "rake" look? Ford C springs?

DO NOT paint the body side mouldings. Leave them black. That i why the car looks so clean and sharp. Get a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs and a set of nice shocks/struts and you'll be set. Maybe lose the rack but idk. It ties in nice with the black/white combo. I also agree with the other guy about the tint. A moderate tint would look alot more clean. Thats to "gansta" for me lol. Very nice ride none the less. A+

Edit: After looking at the pics again. I'd also go with a nice cat-back system with some polished or chrome tips. It would really set off your rims. Other then that. Your set on looks bud. Get to the engine!

Lose teh luggage rack and get the black trim painted white to match.
33m8sg3.jpg

2432sk1.jpg

I totally agree with losing the rack/lid. I wanted to get a flat one but with a wing. I like the anniv. edition ones that have the wing on the lid.
I think I will leave the trim black though..

What is a good lowering spring that gives it that "rake" look? Ford C springs?

C springs then. they ride really nice and even it out but dont slam it. i put sport lines into my stang and it was SLAMED wasent a fan of it so i put ford motorsports spring in it.

yeah leave black trim. imo a white car needs it to break it up.

wing like this? if so go for it. get one with the 3rd brake light though!

(this was with the sportlines)

SDC10044.jpg

with the new brakes and ford motorsports springs. there is nothing for weight in the trunk and this pic and on E rear has settled some.

downsized_0316091756.jpg

Needs lowered but very nice. I don't really care for verts but that's a nice looking ride. The wheels really set it off (and i don't really like chrome either but it works well with the white).