Steeda clutch assembly

GREENBIOCH

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
In an Igloo
Well, I got my adj cable/firewall adjuster/quadrant the other day. I installed it today and well to start off I know I really needed it. When I first climbed under the car to get the cable off the fork arm my dust shield was missing, but the bolt and a chunk of the cover was still there :nonono: what the hell happened to it?? :scratch: Anyways when I went to take the cable off the fork arm I was able to take it off by hand, this was not a good sign and probably the reason for my clutch woes. loose ass cable. :bang: I then took the stock quadrant off with ease, but the pawl? or second plastic stock part just behind the quadrant was a bitch to get off...I used everything from a dremel to steak knife...eventually getting it off, which was the hardest part of the install. then I got the firewall adjuster in and the cable, tightened it all up and good to go.

Now after driving around with it in today....my car doesn't chatter from a first gear start anymore...the clutch pedal doesn't vibrate and rattle anymore, it feels solid. and engagement is great. it feels like a brand new car. Money well spent, since I have had this problem since I put the Centreforce clutch in, it is all tight now, although shifter is still a bit notchy(prbably from the 5.0 shifter) but 100X's better then before. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)