Steeda Clutch cable

FoxGT87

5 Year Member
Aug 1, 2009
St.pete FL
is everyone happy with their steeda clutch cable? how long has it lasted? would you buy another one? should i bite the bullet and buy the more expensive Maximum Motorsports clutch cable?

in put is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

woob, good post. after reading that, is MM selling an OEM style ford cable? and i was also a little confused, will a OEM style cable not work with my firewall adjuster and the quadrant i plan on buying?

quote from autozone: OEM Ford cable 23.99

if that cable is supposed to be the best cable according to MM why is it so much cheaper? is it because the original will not work if you have an the firewall adjuster? why exactly is the MM cable 45 bucks more?

As far as I've been told the MM cable is a reproduction Ford piece. :shrug:

I've had a Steeda in mine for almost a year now and haven't had any problems. (car sat for almost 8 months though too lol) Had a UPR for maybe 2.5 months before it snapped...it was a POS:nonono:

quote from autozone: OEM Ford cable 23.99

if that cable is supposed to be the best cable according to MM why is it so much cheaper? is it because the original will not work if you have an the firewall adjuster? why exactly is the MM cable 45 bucks more?

i dont see an oe cable on az's website, just a pioneer replacement.

iirc, the mm cable is a 99-04 ford replacement cable modified for use with a firewall adjuster. the oem cable CAN be used with a fwa as well, just need to mod it and setup for it.

personally, i have a steeda cable in mine now, and its been a headache for me. too stiff, and its melting through even though its about 6 inches away (well, as far as itll be anyway) from and exhaust components. i've had about 2 years now. i have an mm cable on the way, and plan on using the steeda fwa i have stashed away. not saying steeda doesnt make good stuff, but from what ive seen ALL the adjustable cables just suck.

I've been running the Maximum Motorsports stuff for a year now with no problems. The cable seems to be good quality and apparently its Ford OEM spec so it should last a long time. The cable is also longer than the stock one which helped for routing it away from the headers (my stock one melted). I don't know the price difference, but the Ford OEM cable up here was something like $286CAD from the dealer! I actually saved a ton of money going MM with a quad/adjuster.

I've been running the Maximum Motorsports stuff for a year now with no problems. The cable seems to be good quality and apparently its Ford OEM spec so it should last a long time. The cable is also longer than the stock one which helped for routing it away from the headers (my stock one melted). I don't know the price difference, but the Ford OEM cable up here was something like $286CAD from the dealer! I actually saved a ton of money going MM with a quad/adjuster.

You mind sharing where you routed your cable? I melted my BBK in under 10 minutes with bbk ceramic coated headers.

You mind sharing where you routed your cable? I melted my BBK in under 10 minutes with bbk ceramic coated headers.

My flowtechs stick way out so I routed them up and over the headers, and down around where the oil filter is. I could have it even further away, but its also keeping my spark plug wires away from the headers lol. I think I flipped the mounting bracket over too.

Hopefully you can see what I mean in these:

IMG00059-20100505-1134.jpg

IMG00060-20100505-1134.jpg

i just bought my maximum motorsports clutch cable and quadrant today should be shipped friday.

does anyone have a picture of the quadrant? im trying to find mine and i am not 100% sure if i have found the right part or not. thanks