steeda intake spacer

• Sponsors (?)

If your talking about a tb spacer, they get a bad rap. They do work on some applications. They make a slight difference on jeep inline engines for one. AEM dyno's thier intakes with and without a tb spacer, if there is a benifit with the spacer, they ship it with the intake, if not, they don't. If a spacer would even make 1 or 2 more hp, you wouldn't feel that with a butt dyno, but thats 1 or 2 more hp than you had when every hp counts. I don't know if the spacer helps on the 4.6 or not, but don't totally write them off as they do work on some applications. You may even find that some parts may show nothing on a dyno, but yet improve throttle response and such. There has been alot of R&D spent on spacers my airaid and others, unfortunatly one size doesn't fit all as they market them. It's been an old hotrod trick for decades with the carbed engines, however, FI is a different beast and benifits can be hit and miss.

Just a word of advice on the TB spacers. They will not fit on cars with the factory or aftermarket plenum covers. I found this out the hard way and had to take it off and its sitting in my garage. If anyones looking for a MMR TB spacer PM me.

Looks like Grassroots motorsports changed thier website linking around, otherwise I'd link to thier dyno test of a spacer on an '05 GT. It did absolutely NOTHING (the graphs are line-on-line) until ~5500 rpm, when it started to make a couple hp. By redline, it barely hit 5 hp. This is with an intake already on the car, so the intake itself wasn't limiting airflow.

Tom

Thats what I'm saying, it's not gonna make gobs of power if any, but if it makes 1 hp, thats 1 more than we had. I believe the AEM intake for our cars does include a spacer, so there must be a little something there or AEM wouldn't include it.

Thats what I'm saying, it's not gonna make gobs of power if any, but if it makes 1 hp, thats 1 more than we had. I believe the AEM intake for our cars does include a spacer, so there must be a little something there or AEM wouldn't include it.

1HP for $100 isn't worth it. Take that $100 and double it for some pulleys and get ~10HP. It's (spacer) a waste IMO.

That's still a waste of $$$.

With that logic, if you're going to dish out $100 for 1HP, something that will give you no major gain you might as well go ahead and buy a Tornado or w/e it's called.

If the tornado would make another hp I would buy it. Every hp is important to get the edge and the further you go into an engine, the more expensive each and every hp gets. 100 bucks is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Besides, the 1 hp is an example, we don't know for sure how much the spacer makes if any, waiting to hear back from AEM.

That's still a waste of $$$.

With that logic, if you're going to dish out $100 for 1HP, something that will give you no major gain you might as well go ahead and buy a Tornado or w/e it's called.

I would not pay for a TB spacer unless I was at the end of the mod ladder and WAS searching for that last 1-5 hp.
Totaly different in the world of mufflers:rlaugh: We spends hundreds on mufflers that dont really add any power as well, but it does make the ride more enjoyable(for us!!!!!):nice: Esp in tunnels and going under overpasses...