Steel retainer

ARBOC

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2000
Canada
Anyone have the part # for the steel retainer for the throw out bearing. Mine is making the chirping noise so i'm gonna replace the retainer and TOB. Just need some #'s so I can order them.

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
Our stock one IS steel. Only the fox's came with the aluminum one.
exactly :nice: (though the 93 cobras did have a steel retainer too).

you guys seem to chew up more retainers than foxes (with alum) do. :shrug:

HISSIN50 said:
exactly :nice: (though the 93 cobras did have a steel retainer too).

you guys seem to chew up more retainers than foxes (with alum) do. :shrug:

Thanks Hissin for the clarification. I thought there was something different with the '93's, but I wasn't sure what it was.

Killercanary said:
Thanks Hissin for the clarification. I thought there was something different with the '93's, but I wasn't sure what it was.
Yeah, my first comment was really splitting hairs. :) and it is just in the Cobra fox III's (meaning 93's). the Cobra spec T5 had a tapered output shaft bearing, reverse synchro and the steel retainer (big deal for us fox guys).

I did find it interesting that in reading about the differences awhile back, that some sources say only the Cobras got steel retainers in 94 and 95. You guys have obviously shown differently, but it was kinda interesting to see that misconception.

And i wonder if you guys see more wear on the input shaft retainer (than fox III's) because of the longer input shaft? :shrug: