Steering Column Plug

• Sponsors (?)

yeloxr7 said:
They should be easy to find. I believe most 60's Fords used the same connector.

easy to find where? None of the junk yards around me have old cars. They are all "new high tech environmentally conscious recycling centers" 'that deal in around 1990 and up vehicles.

TOM B,

The plug I am looking for would be the other half of the picture below:

column_plug.jpg

If you have one let me know how much you want for it.

Thanks,
Eric

I know it's not quite the same but computer power connectors (for HDD, CD drives, etc) are similar but only have 4 wires per plug so you'd have to use three. There are male and female versions of them, best bet for these would be to buy some Y splitters from a computer shop. Of course you could probably find a more correct plug somewhere.

TOM B said:
Sorry dont have that one BUT I will be going to my cousins classic junk yard this weekend for other stuff and will pick one up if you still need one.

If you can find one that would be great.

Route666 said:
I know it's not quite the same but computer power connectors (for HDD, CD drives, etc) are similar but only have 4 wires per plug so you'd have to use three. There are male and female versions of them, best bet for these would be to buy some Y splitters from a computer shop.

I was thinking of that, I have a whole pile of them in a drawer. I was also thinking about just using standard Molex connectors but I would like to find a correct plug if I could first. It sounds like TOM B might be able to help, if not there is an all Ford swap meet in a couple weeks that I can probably find one at.