Stereo install problems! Help!

95slvrstang

Mar 7, 2007
I just installed a JVC KD-HDR1 head unit in my 95 Mustang Coupe. All the factory speakers are still installed. It is not the MACH system, but I do have the factory amp. After I got the HU in, the left hand side speakers, front and rear, are playing at a much quieter level than the right side, and yes i did check the balance....the JVC was in my old car, a 92 Taurus just last week and everything worked perfectly....any insights would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Unless you are running the factory head unit, TRASH that factory amp. You will be better off with a nice aftermarket 4 channel amp. It will save you the headaches of trying to decipher the correct wiring of your head unit to the Ford Stereo factory system.

Factory sounds and looks dorky. The word I mean. I just noticed that. Wierd.

Unless you are running the factory head unit, TRASH that factory amp. You will be better off with a nice aftermarket 4 channel amp. It will save you the headaches of trying to decipher the correct wiring of your head unit to the Ford Stereo factory system.

Factory sounds and looks dorky. The word I mean. I just noticed that. Wierd.

ditto... bypass that factory amp.

turns out the "professional installers" at Best Buy hooked the harness up wrong, so I took it back in and they corrected it for me. The only reason I had them install it is originally, when I was installing the HU myself, they had sold me the wrong harness, so when I took it back to exchange it, they offered to hook the new one up for me....last time I let Best Buy mess with my car

99% chance the problem was as simple as the harness was the 99-5700 which if you push it in all the way does work right, it does what you just decribed. all you had to do is pull it out just a hiar. But yeah i would by-pass you amp anyways it would most likley sound better.

Their are many QUALITY Installer at Best Buy. The numbers are few but I consider myself one. Many installers are not properly trained and do not care to learn. I applogize for your inconvience with Best Buy. Just make sure the installer knows what hes doing.

Thanks, but no thanks. Still won't ever let them touch my car. I never had a bad install experience from them because I have never let them near my car. I have just seen and heard way to many horror stories from friends.

Thanks, but no thanks. Still won't ever let them touch my car. I never had a bad install experience from them because I have never let them near my car. I have just seen and heard way to many horror stories from friends.

Like i said most of the installer arnt good. I dont deny that. But I am not one. It is a part time job while im in college and also an Firefighter/EMT.

Thanks.

I found this thread because the exact (and I do mean exact) problem is occurring with my stereo. I bought a new stereo from Best Buy and they installed it for me, and now the driver's side speakers aren't working. I took it back to get them to fix it, and they said that the speakers weren't working in the first place and that it's written on the paper I had to sign before they did the work.

The speakers -were- working and that was -not- written on that paper. Best Buy guy, what do I do? It's my word against theirs. Thanks!

turns out the "professional installers" at Best Buy hooked the harness up wrong, so I took it back in and they corrected it for me. The only reason I had them install it is originally, when I was installing the HU myself, they had sold me the wrong harness, so when I took it back to exchange it, they offered to hook the new one up for me....last time I let Best Buy mess with my car

The same thing happened to me at Circuit City about a month ago, :nonono: I think they didn't have the harness plugged in tight and my left side went very low Volume. All had to be unhooked and re-hooked up, the the problem went away. But then, after they got done, my alarm system, mysteriously stopped working. :shrug: They claimed that they didn't tamper w/ it at all. It was an old "Viper Alarm", but it used to work perfectly. I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a new nice alarm, but they will NOT be installing it!!!!:ban: