stock cam grind

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
whats the details on the best stock cam to come in the fox.. pretty sure it was the earlier cams like the speed density cars.. 86-88.. and maybe even the 85s? my car sits there and has a significant amount of lope for a stock cam compared to my old 92.. anybody have the run down? if its good enough, would it be worth it to run 1.7s w/ a set of GT40ps.. im carbonated here folks

• Sponsors (?)

I heard that too but I don't think it's enough to hear a difference. When I had my stocker in my 87 it had no lope at all....Depends on the exhaust ur using too, if u have wide open exhaust, no cats, etc....theres gonna be no backpressure, the engine can breathe, ur gonna hear a lope.....but if u restrict it, throw on some cats and smaller tubing its going to be very muffled and have no lopey sound....Mine is proof from the stock exhaust for emissions then to off road X with dumps, one is like a grandma car sound, other is like a built h/c/i car sound, huge difference.

Im not sure of the year differences though, from what I no the lift is .444 on intake and exhaust though.