Stock E7TE Ported

bretske_gt95

Oct 28, 2003
Hi Friends, please somebody help me :) I wanto to make a Port/valvle Job to my Stock E7TE heads, here in my city there is a place that meake this jobs, but tell me the best configuration to make this heads better than the GT40, GT40p, and aftermarket heads, it´s doesn´t matter the $$$ this is not a problem...and it´s doesn´t matter that this job cost more than a performance aftermarket heads..what it´s the config to make this stock heads a very very good performance heads..
thanks for the help...

• Sponsors (?)

bretske_gt95 said:
Hi Friends, please somebody help me :) I wanto to make a Port/valvle Job to my Stock E7TE heads, here in my city there is a place that meake this jobs, but tell me the best configuration to make this heads better than the GT40, GT40p, and aftermarket heads, it´s doesn´t matter the $$$ this is not a problem...and it´s doesn´t matter that this job cost more than a performance aftermarket heads..what it´s the config to make this stock heads a very very good performance heads..
thanks for the help...

Uhhhh...heres a bump but I don't know if what you are describing is possible.

Maybe you could get ported e7's to flow as well as stock gt-40's, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do the same as compared to aluminum heads.

I would love to see it done though. Then I could have the wizard that did it port my a.f.r.'s. :nice:

Sleepy McNastee said:
Uhhhh...heres a bump but I don't know if what you are describing is possible.

Maybe you could get ported e7's to flow as well as stock gt-40's, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do the same as compared to aluminum heads.

I would love to see it done though. Then I could have the wizard that did it port my a.f.r.'s. :nice:

Porting stock heads will increase your HP/TQ/Performance but they still cant compare to a set of AFR or Twisted wedge aluminum heads. IMO its not worth spending around $500 to port your stock heads when for $995 you can get a set of TW heads.

Striped5.0 said:
Porting stock heads will increase your HP/TQ/Performance but they still cant compare to a set of AFR or Twisted wedge aluminum heads. IMO its not worth spending around $500 to port your stock heads when for $995 you can get a set of TW heads.

Hi... i Agree with all of you, thanks for the help, but you tell me this.... why spend $500 to port my sockt heads when i can have for $995 an TW heads?, ok this is real, but let me tell you my plan..i´m from mexico, here in mi city i have to pay the $995 Dlls for the TW heads but i have to imported them, so the price go up a lot... i´m the presindent of the Mustang Club Monclova and one of our members have a workshop of rectify, i´m gonna make te port/valvle job, valvle 1.9 / 1.6, rockers 1.6, change springs for more lift and change a better cam, hes gonna make a job like a stage II or III, for only 450Dlls, and i can pay him y 3 months..thats great, that´s because i want to know wich configuration it´s the better for my E7TE heads..nobody can give credit for buy an aftermarket heads although this ones are beter than a Stock ported,
thanks friends..... more advices?

sorry something i forgot..i´m talking about iron heads not the aluminum ones..y know the aluminum ones are much better that the iron´s
excuse my english because it´s not vey good.
byeee

bretske_gt95 said:
Hi... i Agree with all of you, thanks for the help, but you tell me this.... why spend $500 to port my sockt heads when i can have for $995 an TW heads?, ok this is real, but let me tell you my plan..i´m from mexico, here in mi city i have to pay the $995 Dlls for the TW heads but i have to imported them, so the price go up a lot...

well that is a good reason, there are always loop holes and exceptions. Some people are just not aware that AL heads are really not to much more then porting your stock ones, you may spend twice as much but you get twice the HP gains from it as well. Im not agnest porting stock heads but if Im going to throw down $500 for heads then might as well spend another $400 and get a set of AL ones.

Yea maybe if i was in another situation i can save the $500 dlls and wait to have another $500 dlls to buy an AL heads, but at this moment i don´t have the enough money to buy an AL heads, because i´m building my new house and i expend a lot of money on that..so i only can go at this moment for port my E7TE heads and only can pay this job in monthly payments....maybe in the future i can buy an AL heads...
thanks....that´s i want to know the best config. to my heads.
byeee

there is a guy here in town that done a lot of welding on his iron heads, and ported them, installing chevy valves, unsure of size. And with that and the performer intake he was clicking off 8.20-8.30's at our track a couple weeks back. 1/8th mile of course, it is a 93 for reference. But i am just saying it is possible to do this way if you are dead set on using irons. I wouldn't blame you, but i think you will change them for alum in the future anyhow.

jason

Thanks guys, maybe you´re right i´m gonna save money for a AL heads, i´m gonna make a light ported to my stock heads for feel some diference...this is gonna cost me 100 dlls for a ligh port job...
thanks again...
byeeeee