Stock FPR and max. pump volume?

gt90stang

Dec 7, 2002
Hi all,

I did a search and couldn't find anything useful so here goes. How large of a fuel pump can the stock fpr work properly with? I'm concerned about the FP increasing at idle and dropping at WOT. I'm now running a BBK afpr with a 195 L/hr pump and it works good. The reason I'm asking is I have Tweeced my combo and run stock 39# FP and I'd like to put a stock fpr on to avoid hastles at smog time.

Thanks, Don

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe try wrapping the afpr in black tape so it doesnt draw attention. Thats what I'll have to do come smog time since my afpr is bright freaking red.

I dont know how the stock regulator will react to nearly double the factory fuel volume. Theres one way to find out.....

Edit: Now that I think about it, it will probably be alright because I believe even an afpr will have problems if you have more fuel pump than the return line can deal with, and you arent going to have problems with just a 190lph.

65ShelbyClone,

Thanks for the reply.

So, is anyone out there using a stock fpr with a 190 L/hr or larger fuel pump? Also, have you verified your fp at idle is stable.

Thanks, Don