Stock vs Stock

Well I have owned a 96 Cobra and now I own a 00 GT. Stock for stock it would be a drivers race. You put a good driver in the cobra and the cobra would win. They are rediculously difficult to launch. I drove that car daily for almost two years and still couldnt master it. My GT feels torquier, but the cobra would turn into a rabid beast once you hit 3500 rpms.

• Sponsors (?)

Cobain03 said:
since the bolt ons subject came up how about this... doing same mods such as: cold air intake, exhaust, gears (say 4:10s). who would end up on top?
The Cobra is the slightly quicker car to begin with. Same displacement, but a 45hp advantage for the Cobra. Why?....because the DOHC's 4-valve per cylinder head design utilize incoming airflow and expell outgoing exhaust gases better than the SOHC's 2-valve set up does. So, going bolt on for bolt on only widens the gap. Again....Cobra for teh win. :nice:

A 4.10-4.30 gear swap turns the 4V into a completely different car, since getting the engine into mid/top RPM is where these DOHC’s really shine. More so than a with a 2V.

well, I'll tell you this..the 01 Bullitt GT I had was plenty salty...shockingly salty. That car ripped off the line versus a 32V, much better low-mid range. In fact, my best pass in the car bonestock (w/dr's) was 13.33

1004391261.jpg

It felt every bit as fast 0-100 as my '98 Cobra. the Cobra needed time to build up momentum, the 2V was strong from the get go, just lacked a little pulling 4th (which didn't matter too much for me, seeing the bullitt crossed the traps in 3rd right at the limiter).

13.33 is damn quick for a stock 98 Cobra. Most guys dont even get the 99 or 01's too much past 13.5 stock. But its only a 20hp gain in the 99 and 01's, but I think they also got fatter.