SN95 Stock??

Is there really anyway to tell if my po did anything to my Stang without tearing apart the engine. It seems to pull pretty hard compared to just what I've heard about mustangs. I know the exhaust is a full header back exhaust. I mainly want to know so I don't buy a ton of crap I don't need if it already has it. I plan on putting a cam in, heads, and intake. Any thoughts. I can get engine bay images. And just as a point of reference that probably won't help to much but I can get my mustang up to 100 just on the on ramp to the interstate and still be in third gear. But I also can cruise don't the interstate doing 70@2000 rpm. First post I apologize for how long and dumb this question probably is

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet.

First off, what year mustang do you have.

Look under the hood for some of the simple upgrades that people will do. Is the intake stock? Check for aftermarket heads simply by looking at them and see if their is an aftermarket name on them like AFR, TFS or even Edlebrock or SVO. What does the distributor look like? How about the intake?

Post a couple decent pictures from your engine bay, we can help spot the easy stuff.

Check your suspension as well. What do the rear control arms look like? Are the springs new looking?

Lots of stuff to look for.

I'll be able to take some pictures soon. The weather has been so cold in Wisconsin that I haven't wanted to take the cover off my Stang sorry about the inconvenience. They are coming tho soon enough

Reactions: 1 user
If your new to mustangs they always pull harder than you expect, it's call torque . Not something you'll find in many other cars.

Reactions: 1 user
If your new to mustangs they always pull harder than you expect, it's call torque . Not something you'll find in many other cars.
I think you're right. Its the first performance vehicle I've owned. I decoded my vin today and it looks like everything is factory right down to the exhaust. Ive already decided what Im going to do first to my Stang.

You're right 2.73 gearing. Decoded my vin today and I've decided I'll be upgrading those to 4.10s soon enough. But first I need to find a trac lok rebuild kit. The one I found is for 31 spline axles if I remember correctly and I have 28

Why 4.10 gears? Is this a track car or street car? I have 3.73's on my street car and a T5 transmission and I wouldn't go beyond that.

Would agree. I think T-5 plus 3.73's is too much unless you are literally banging gears everywhere you go or a hardcore racer
I did more research and decided to go with 3.73. Im also going to throw a hurst shifter and magnaflow exhaust on it hopefully before summer. Not going to lower it tho just because to many hills in the town I live in. Getting into my ally is already hard enough lol. Im also thinking a 70mm throttle body, some kind of intake idk yet, e303 cam and turbo swirl gt40x heads down the line.

I did more research and decided to go with 3.73. Im also going to throw a hurst shifter and magnaflow exhaust on it hopefully before summer. Not going to lower it tho just because to many hills in the town I live in. Getting into my ally is already hard enough lol. Im also thinking a 70mm throttle body, some kind of intake idk yet, e303 cam and turbo swirl gt40x heads down the line.
Sounds like a decent plan. I love my 3.73 gears but I may need to change them back to 3.27's after I add a couple more stickers to my car.

I'm not really bashing the e cam, is just gets kinda bashed here, it is old school, but it can be made to work and yes there are better cams out there but if you got one already try it out if not look at other options before you commit. Heads intake and cam need to work together to maximize hp/torque