Strange Brown Goo?

MRDucks

Jul 21, 2003
I just changed the oil in me 02 GT with 8k miles on it and I noticed a strange light brown colored goo that was inside the filler cap on the valve cover. There was about a tablespoons worth that I removed. After about a 100 miles I checked again and there is a hint of it showing up. My car is bone stock (except for exhaust) and I have only used mobil1 with motorcraft filters in it. My coolant level is normal as well. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I don't run it very hard. All street diving and no racing. I usually shift around 2500-3500 and every once and a while I get on it. I store my car in the winter so this oil had been in there for about 6 months. I started it about once a week and let it warm up. Since it was time to get it out for spring I did an oil change even though there was only 1500 miles on the oil in the car. How can I prevent this from happening again and what kind of damage could it have done?

Had it happen in my old Firebird. Was told that it was from dampness getting in the oil somehow. turned out I had a small leak in the pan gasket and water was getting in and turned it into a whitish-browny gooey substance. Might be dampness from winter. something like the dipstick wasnt in all the way. change oil and watch it. might take more than one change to solve problem

Thanks for the replies. I was getting pretty worried. I only need a few more excuses why my car is on it's "last legs" to push me over the edge on buying a cobra. lol

Thanks