strut replacement

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed Tokico blues in mine last week. Like the others have said you will reuse the dust shield and bump stops. I used a big flat head screw driver with a pair of vice grips clamped on them to keep the strut from spinning so I could get the top nut off. Took a little patience but it worked out.

If you're tossing the old struts, try using an impact gun on the nut. Dont do this when installing the new struts (it can damage them).

I also use the screwdriver (actually a lever bar) method and it works fine. The lever bar is thick and fits the strut-slot nicely. I hold the bar horizontally for leverage (the vice grips method, to get lateral leverage, sounds good to me though).

The following sounds like a Valentines Day issue. :eek:

so i wouldent be able to get the nut off anyways

If you're tossing the old struts, try using an impact gun on the nut. Dont do this when installing the new struts (it can damage them).

I also use the screwdriver (actually a lever bar) method and it works fine. The lever bar is thick and fits the strut-slot nicely. I hold the bar horizontally for leverage (the vice grips method, to get lateral leverage, sounds good to me though).

The following sounds like a Valentines Day issue. :eek:

:lol: nuts aint hard to get off when its not dealling with the stang